new player need tips and help.

so i have just started playing this game today because i got tired of waiting for lost ark and i refuse to play ru or kr version .
so my questions are .
1. what things should i buy from microtransaction shops to make my life easier ? i can spend around 80-100 $ a year on this game .
2. where can i get help for builds ? i have heard alot that i need to have a good build to progress and do endgame content afterwards .
3. i will be playing as a witch and ranger . so what advice and tips can you people give for them ?
4. the current league is ending on which date and month ? should i have a league character ?
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2020, 4:23:04 AM
Spend real money on Stash Tabs, currency tab is the first one you should get.

Forums and many websites have build information POE Ninja is a good site.

If you are going to play a witch, try the ARC build on the forums, it is very noob friendly.

Might as well make a league dude, learn some basics to be prepared for the next league.
Other than tabs you don't have to spend money on anything else. Everything else is just cosmetics.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
thanks for the replies people :3
"
Salmanahmed wrote:
so i have just started playing this game today because i got tired of waiting for lost ark and i refuse to play ru or kr version .
so my questions are .
1. what things should i buy from microtransaction shops to make my life easier ? i can spend around 80-100 $ a year on this game .
2. where can i get help for builds ? i have heard alot that i need to have a good build to progress and do endgame content afterwards .
3. i will be playing as a witch and ranger . so what advice and tips can you people give for them ?
4. the current league is ending on which date and month ? should i have a league character ?

Welcome Exile,

1) the only things you might want are different stash tabs but you don´t need them now. Just play for a while and if you enjoy the game you can buy some.
The tabs go on sale every three weeks (with nice discount).
You should consider to buy some pack
The first blood pack - 200 points + 1 extra tab + sword effect (20$) - best value unless you want an extra MTX from supporte packs

Supporter packs contain points and different cosmetics -- take a look and compare them (they are starting at 30$)

You can spend points for different stash tabs or any cosmetic then.
The most useful stash tab is Currency tab - 75 coins normal price (60 discounted price)
I would also buy at least 1 premium tab (or at least upgrade) for easier trade.

2) There is a section with different builds or you can ask here eventually

3) It´s hard to give some general advice but still life and elemental resistances are important part of any build if you want to survive in Wraeclast a bit longer ...

Beginners Guide Series from Engineering Eternity is a good place to start and learn some basic mechanics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEZtq6FSebE&list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe

4) Starting on Harvest league seems a good idea. You can continue to play your character once league is over or you can make a fresh one eventually (most of the player base play leagues)
Last edited by Rakiii on Aug 13, 2020, 10:19:41 AM
- Currency tab is the first and foremost important tab.
- Get a loot filter.
- Play in softcore "seasonal" leagues. Current season is called "Harvest League". This way, you can get the most number of active players to trade with.
- Run (and fail) a few characters to around level 60 for the feel and experience.
- After learning from your experience and mistakes, use Path of Building Community to theorycraft your own build or follow another build guide online (with some minimal changes based on your budget and preferred playstyle).
- Use official PoE trade site or fan-created "poe.trade" site. You can get better prices and less scam than trading in-game chat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info