OPTIMIZE YOUR GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I waste a god damn t13 map cuz of this, never even mind all the pointless deaths.

I pop a Monolith and can literally count that I have 2 frames per... 13 seconds? However long these things last. I don't even know, because I don't get to see the starting amount reliably.

Veritania spawns a ton of packs on me and I legit go to 1 frame per ~10 seconds. Luckily I'm playing Cyclone, so I'm just holding my right click and hoping I'm not sitting in a corner getting ranged to death.

Eventually my game just crashes. Luckily the game removed me from the world before I died.

It takes the game so long to close, and then I go through the rigmarole of logging back in, letting the game disconnect me 2 times before letting me stay logged in, waiting for the game to load me into my hideout...

And my map despawned.

Like... AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! JUST OPTIMIZE THIS GAME!!!!

Is my computer good?

No.

SHOULD POE REQUIRE A GOOD COMPUTER???

NO, LOL.

Some top-down ARPG released in 2013.

Get real.
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2020, 6:27:42 PM
"
ShadyC wrote:

Get real.

This is were people go wrong.
PoE was released in 2013. But it's not the same as today's PoE. They're working on the engine constantly, they add effects, graphics, mechanics and stuff. And don't forget mob density and associated stuff, like the number of projectiles at any given moment.
It's not great for people who can't afford getting a new computer/ graphics card now and then, but it's just the way it is.
[quote="Michael_GGG"]However because we're reasonable people we decided against extending RNG into account bans.[/quote]
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Then they need to update the minimum requirements.

Companies should be forced to showcase their game on their displayed minimum reqs, lol. GGG wouldn't be able to do it. Let's see them do all these choppy boss fights and map densities with their minimum requirements.
try an ssd just for the game and maybe windows...
does not need to be expesive,any ssd would do till you maybe change the whole pc one day.
Last edited by BlackPulsar on Aug 13, 2020, 10:57:31 AM
"
ShadyC wrote:
Like... AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! JUST OPTIMIZE THIS GAME!!!!

Optimising the game doesn't mean it will run well for everyone. It can be optimised the the max and still run like shit on your vegetable.

Also...

"
ShadyC wrote:
Is my computer good?

No.

SHOULD POE REQUIRE A GOOD COMPUTER???

NO, LOL.

Get real.

You're a player, not a developer. You don't set the requirements, you meet the requirements. Or in your case, you clearly don't. There's a time and place for suggestions/demands, but this isn't one of them.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Aug 13, 2020, 2:33:04 PM
"
Xavathos wrote:
You're a player, not a developer. You don't set the requirements, you meet the requirements. Or in your case, you clearly don't. There's a time and place for suggestions/demands, but this isn't one of them.

Whilst this may be true, PoE has the highest (real world) spec requirements of any game I know of. I mean I can run anything I've tried to run on my PC at 60fps/1080p with high settings, but PoE still has situational stutter and pauses even with a fast SSD.

Every other game also has the option to tune down settings to be appropriate to your hardware, but PoE does not. Suggesting that GGG should support modest hardware setups (like any other developer) is legit feedback.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
"
brushmonkey wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Whilst this may be true, PoE has the highest (real world) spec requirements of any game I know of. I mean I can run anything I've tried to run on my PC at 60fps/1080p with high settings, but PoE still has situational stutter and pauses even with a fast SSD.

Every other game also has the option to tune down settings to be appropriate to your hardware, but PoE does not. Suggesting that GGG should support modest hardware setups (like any other developer) is legit feedback.

that thing they are building with the overlapping pixels being deleted from the frame sounds amazing...
"
ShadyC wrote:
Then they need to update the minimum requirements.

Companies should be forced to showcase their game on their displayed minimum reqs, lol. GGG wouldn't be able to do it. Let's see them do all these choppy boss fights and map densities with their minimum requirements.

Here are the minimum requirements:

Minimum:
Processor: x86-compatible 2.6GHz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 650 Ti or ATI Radeon™ HD 7850 or better
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 32 GB available space

What are your computer's specs?

Farewell, fellow exiles. New hopes are on the horizon, and we may yet see a worthy successor to D2.
"
BlackPulsar wrote:

that thing they are building with the overlapping pixels being deleted from the frame sounds amazing...

That sounds like optimisation to me, although I know nothing about programming. But they do seem to add performance impacting content just as fast as optimising current tech.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
"
brushmonkey wrote:
"
BlackPulsar wrote:

That sounds like optimisation to me, although I know nothing about programming. But they do seem to add performance impacting content just as fast as optimising current tech.

they had to optimize at some point,game was bleeding players caus of performance.
Last edited by BlackPulsar on Aug 14, 2020, 9:21:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info