[Removed by Support]

"
Arrowneous wrote:
Console? That's just stupid crazy to want to play on a console. No wonder you're crashing out. GGG only made a console port of PoE because of Tencent owning 80% (now 87% and 100% by 2024 if game lasts that long) and soon (again due to Tencent influence) we'll have mobile PoE (GASP!) to overheat and crash out our smart phones.

No other game I play crashes. How the hell would I know about POE's performance on console as a newish player? Delirium was my first league... and Harvest will be my last. [Removed by Support] Other games don't crash... this game crashes half to a dozen times every day. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Aug 13, 2020, 6:33:23 AM
"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
Mreik wrote:
I don't understand the two above comments, OP is absolutely in the right.
All he's going to accomplish is a forum probation if he keeps going.

are you a fortune teller? :p
"
Exxxiled665 wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
Mreik wrote:
I don't understand the two above comments, OP is absolutely in the right.
All he's going to accomplish is a forum probation if he keeps going.

are you a fortune teller? :p
Don't need to be a fortune teller for that... :D
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
Ranyart4891 wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Console? That's just stupid crazy to want to play on a console. No wonder you're crashing out. GGG only made a console port of PoE because of Tencent owning 80% (now 87% and 100% by 2024 if game lasts that long) and soon (again due to Tencent influence) we'll have mobile PoE (GASP!) to overheat and crash out our smart phones.

No other game I play crashes. How the hell would I know about POE's performance on console as a newish player? Delirium was my first league... and Harvest will be my last. [Removed by Support] Other games don't crash... this game crashes half to a dozen times every day. [Removed by Support]

The real truth is that GGG doesn't care to make a stable PoE, all they want is to crank out 4 challenge leagues per year. Chris explained this last year in the talk he make for the 2019 GDC. Speaking to a room full of other game developers he explained to them that to make serious money with your game you have to have a fixed time interval when your next content update will come out so players can put that in their scheduling calendar. First, get players hooked on your game, and then give them their gaming "fix" on a precise schedule (essentially treat the players as junkies jonzing for another adrenaline rush). It has gotten so bad that Chris had to make a formal announcement that their next challenge league might need to be pushed back a week so don't plan on getting off work just yet. That's how bad the PoE addicts are and GGG is the equivalent of a drug dealer for arpg game addicts. It's so sad that the once "real successor to D2" has had such a course change that has wrecked PoE.

Most of Chris' GDC talk is boring (but keep in mind that he is speaking to a room of game developers and not players so his talk is targeted correctly) but the essence of it is to get your players into a routine (we humans love doing routine things) of playing your game, then have a way to rinse and repeat at precise intervals so we humans are comforted in knowing and repeating the routine. So either have seasons or as GGG has with PoE challenge leagues 4 times a year (ladder reset and repeat the race to 100).

Designing Path of Exile to Be Played Forever. Chris Wilson at GDC 2019
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Ranyart4891 wrote:
this game crashes half to a dozen times every day.

If I had a game that did this, I sure as FK would not be playing it at all.
~ Do not expect to be taken seriously if you hide behind a private profile or an alt account.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info