endgame only for the best

i ve mostly had an issue with the fact that vast majority of end game bosses are all humanoid.
is there some sort of graphical issue that the hydra couldnt have been a giant hydra? for example? the guys putting content together in this game lack a certain level of creativity in graphical design. other areas as well probably, but the design stuff is kinda plain to see.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
"
pipi101 wrote:
in my opinion we need more interesting endgame bosses because by learning mechanics of boss, dodging, knowing when to attack and when to run improves your skill and gives you feeling of doing something, killing 349281759213059812058975298532 of white trash mobs on t5 map, even t16 map doesn't do anything, and also some of them should be harder to kill and master, but should be easier to grind to fight them, so in other word i don't think endgame should be reserved for 10% of players

Except, any one can get to end game, not just 10%. I'm not really even sure why one would think t16 map is easy, yet they aren't in endgame area?
"
guavasauce wrote:
"
pipi101 wrote:
in my opinion we need more interesting endgame bosses because by learning mechanics of boss, dodging, knowing when to attack and when to run improves your skill and gives you feeling of doing something, killing 349281759213059812058975298532 of white trash mobs on t5 map, even t16 map doesn't do anything, and also some of them should be harder to kill and master, but should be easier to grind to fight them, so in other word i don't think endgame should be reserved for 10% of players

Except, any one can get to end game, not just 10%. I'm not really even sure why one would think t16 map is easy, yet they aren't in endgame area?

I heard what in 2020 endgame for many players is A1 Mervail already. Just because of her enormous hp and dmg. Players leave because of BS bosses buffs and not reachable and not really working char defences.
Last edited by DarkJen on Aug 14, 2020, 6:17:26 AM
well my point was that everyone should experience real hard bosses (and some easier but interesting with drop not being so desirable), the game doesn't need to be all about them, but i think there should be more good boss fights, that would be easier to access (instead of sirus spawned in 30 maps lets say 10 with less drop, delve bosses easier to find, oshabi in 30 maps instead of 100),now im not saying these are perfect but it seems to me that designing encounters in this kind of game there is almost no limit, you need imagination and creativity
Last edited by pipi101 on Aug 14, 2020, 6:01:17 AM
"
guavasauce wrote:
"
j33bus wrote:
Path of exile's endgame is probably the worst in the business. Maps are just a terrible terrible system that don't scale well and neither provide a meaningful challenges nor meaningful rewards. The closest thing we have to a good endgame system is delve but since that's tied to maps it's mediocre at best. As is the game is rife with hard difficulty caps and RNG based progression that was the design philosophy of the 90s and not the better systems that have come out since then.

GGG is too afraid that their game isn't actually fun to make a better endgame system that is progression based and scales difficulty and rewards to player power.

Yet, look at all those supporter packs...

So you're saying that my criticism is more valid due to my support of PoE over the years in spite of the terrible end game systems they have?
As far as I know some other ARPGs , there is either linear progression or repeatable content where your failure does not actually mean anything.

in PoE the "endgame" content - maps, UAztiir, Shaper, elder etc, have pre-requisites where failure means a major setback. Maybe except delves where amount of attempts is just bound to sulphite stash.
Mapping itself as endgame is as hard as you make it yourself, you can run T16 white and consider that endgame, or you can throw 100% delirium, enchant the map, use 4 unique watchstones with sextants, 4 scarabs and Map mission.

You'd be surprised how interesting boss fights could be when you fully juice if your build is not on par with the content you try to do.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.
ING: Marxone
Ty for scam <3
"
Marxone wrote:

You'd be surprised how interesting boss fights could be when you fully juice if your build is not on par with the content you try to do.

Unfortunately that "interesting" manifests as being 1 shot 6 times and wasting 400c worth of Map.
Last edited by Gumlass on Aug 15, 2020, 7:40:21 AM
Personally I find that trash HP is not buffed enough when progression in tier.

I saw it personnally this league, I was wiping the floor on tier 6-7... asked a friend to give me a tier 13-15 map to test the power of my build.

I was still wiping the floor with trash but oh boy I lacked dps for Boss...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info