Balancing in 3.12

Just a quick thought...

GGG please be mindful of builds that have been strong this league, and don't look to nerf them without applying some wider thought.

For example, I am playing Spectres this league. Ordinarily, for the average gamer this is a decent build, but not OP. It is only OP this league because of how easy it is to craft super-strong bone helms, how easy it is to now max res and life on + spectre boots and chest, and crucially, how manageable it is to roll good notables on cluster gems.

With harvest crafting not in 3.12, the above items will be much harder to make, to the point where we go back to only the top 1% having the time to grind enough currency, to craft these items the old fashioned way.

I'm sure there are other builds like this that I haven't played this league, VD/DD perhaps?

So please, before you nerf spectres, and other builds into the ground, be mindful that they won't be anywhere near as strong next league, given that it will be so much harder and more expensive to get the good gear.

Thanks,
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Aug 13, 2020, 8:50:17 AM
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2020, 3:17:35 PM
They have already nerfed everything into the ground and if there is something I know of GGG, they will nerf even more because it doesn't matters how much you point out balance to them. They don't understand what to balance around to begin with.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
"
Elhazzared wrote:
They have already nerfed everything into the ground and if there is something I know of GGG, they will nerf even more because it doesn't matters how much you point out balance to them. They don't understand what to balance around to begin with.

balance is , to nerf anything that got a recent mtx to release new ones for the devoted to buy. It has to be done by a bot at this point as there is no human logic to it at all.

The game stopped being anything but a cash grab once they were bought out.
No, a bot would do a better job.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
I guess it's time to nerf Cyclone again.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.
ING: Marxone
Ty for scam <3
Volatile dead, detonate dead - is now dead
earthquake - nerfed into the ground
Raise Spectre - turned to smoke maximum is now 1 spectre

and for the memes Molten Strike now has 1 projectile only
Need more brains, exile?
Out of curiosity is there news that GGG is going to rework summons in specific spectres?

I know that spectre summoners are bustedly broken overpowered even on low budget and without harvest. Part of this is due to easy scaling with gem level stacking and absurd base stats and life of monsters but still im curious if there are some official news.

I would suggest to introduce some kind of pvp scaling formular for spectres when used in PVE against other monsters. This way GGG have some programming freedom in balancing monster stats in pve without having immediate effect causing spectre summoners to be overpowered due to monster buffs.

"
nadakuu wrote:
"
Elhazzared wrote:

balance is , to nerf anything that got a recent mtx to release new ones for the devoted to buy. It has to be done by a bot at this point as there is no human logic to it at all.

The game stopped being anything but a cash grab once they were bought out.

Quick question: what all those boxes under your name from?
Lost me at 'balancing'...

There is no balancing, just constant change and that's the trick to keep most people interested because hope dies last and curiosity attracts.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
"
guavasauce wrote:

Quick question: what all those boxes under your name from?

Not sure what you mean.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info