A rework idea for Harvest to find its way to core

I think these are the main problems of Harvest:
- the whole idea of the garden and growing plants is boring and totally unnecessary
- it's too easy to create mirror tier items once you farmed long enough

How about this:
Garden patches spawn randomly on maps with grown monsters that drop loot and harvest crafting currency. The harvest crafting currency can only be applied to maps, watchstones and strongboxes, and add modifiers like "Items dropped by rare and unique monsters/from the chest are guaranteed/more likely to have a Critical/Fire/Whatever modifier" or "cannot have Critical/Fire/Whatever modifier".

This way harvest currency would make identifying loot actually worthwhile and instead of modifying items as you please it would give you possibly good bases or complete items as you could add 4 of these to watchstones and 1 to the map, so you have a higher chance to get 5 out the 6 six affixes the way you want.

It's a bit more deterministic but not too easy and it would make random drops a hundred times better than they are now.
Last bumped on Sep 1, 2020, 3:13:07 AM
With that implementation, it just sounds worse than Fossils or even Essences.
[quote="Qarl"]Fixed a bug where occasionally Fairgraves, Neverdying never dies[/quote]
I think in the end we just can't have harvest level of deterministic currency. Yes I really wanted more harvest for SSF but it's just so OP it invalidates dropping gear, which is the point of an arpg.

MAYBE, maybe, scrapping the garden and instead having seeds drop with the crafts on them, and making them extremely rare could work. But I don't want another league where it's so easy to make a crit explodey T1 life chest there's no reason to use any other chest, or boots, or weapons.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
I think in the end we just can't have harvest level of deterministic currency. Yes I really wanted more harvest for SSF but it's just so OP it invalidates dropping gear, which is the point of an arpg.

MAYBE, maybe, scrapping the garden and instead having seeds drop with the crafts on them, and making them extremely rare could work. But I don't want another league where it's so easy to make a crit explodey T1 life chest there's no reason to use any other chest, or boots, or weapons.

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=21&m=chaos&i=|4|&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=3&bp=y&as=1&req={"753":{"l":73,"g":3},"1709":{"l":77,"g":1},"1713":{"l":55,"g":2},"1757":{"l":83,"g":3},"1965":{"l":78,"g":3},"2305":{"l":76,"g":3}}&bld={}&ggt=|4|&ccp={}

Dropping gear? The odds of this staff dropping are 1 in 8 billion. You're as likely to win the US powerball lottery 26 times...

Dropped gear is complete shit. GGG should just forget f'ing dropped gear and reward bases to craft on.

w/e link is broke, screw it...
Last edited by Shabob on Sep 1, 2020, 2:30:50 AM
Yay back to having shit gear for the rest of time fun fun
no

(سಥ益ಥ)س

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info