How to motivate for the endgame?

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask if you know a good way to motivate yourself for endgame, that you would like to share with me?

I love playing through the acts, but ones I killed Kitava and made a few maps, I think to myself „hmm, this skill might be fun“.
And I start the next char.
That leads to the situation that I have multiple Charakters that beat the acts, but never engaged in the endgame.

It’s somehow overwhelming for me and I don’t know where to start. With the acts I fell like there is a achievable goal to reach und that’s pretty straight foreword.

So if you have any Tipps for me so that I stay on one char for at least some time, please let me know :)
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2020, 12:36:08 PM
I think you shouldn't "motivate" yourself to do anything in POE. This is a game, it's supposed to be fun!
If you like that play style, go with it! Don't worry about what others might say or do.

Btw, I play the same way. Shortly after killing act 10 Kitava, most of the time, I delete my character and make a new one with different skills. I find the so called "end game" in POE quite boring.
Shaper is a pretty realistic goal nowadays even for the fairly casual players. Make killing Shaper your goal and work from there. If not, just do whatever that floats your boat.
I do not like how GGG has set up the boss fights. So I only do the one's I like - Elder, Simulacrum, Aul, etc. And I do not do them as a "goal" I do them when available.

So, what is a good goal? For me I like the way the Atlas is set up currently so how about finishing it up? I refuse to do Sirus so I don't - and that's fine. My endgame is a complete Atlas not some terrible boss fight.

Find what you like to do and then make it happen. Don't let anyone tell you that XYZ boss is the endgame. That is uninspired follow the pack thinking. And you will find that jacked up Tier 16's are no joke - you need to have a strong build and this will cure your alt-a-holic tendency.

Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Aug 13, 2020, 4:54:23 PM
Set small goals as you progress in PoE.

My first goal once I started back in the end of Delve was to reach maps. Second was to reach red maps. Third was to kill shaper. Next one was Uber Elder.

Might take some leagues or some time, but that's the way I think you might go.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds. If your build can't survive that or a lag spike it's because you suck, period. Post your PoB so the PoE experts can analyse and help improve your build."
change your expectations of when a skill is realised from the end of the campaign to when its killed X bosses.

I'm very flighty with skills too and tend to go for X instead of Y etc because i get bored but to me a skill isn't "finished" until i've either done some good boss content (shaper/elder/UE/Atziri/Sirus etc, not all of them) or I accept its a bust.

I don't have too many outright fails these days but some skills on HC are very awkward to get enough damage out of
If you enjoy different characters, you might try playing them a little further. A lot of builds feel very different at 90 than they do at 70. It doesn't take much effort to get those next 20 levels and it will give you a whole new perspective on your characters.

If you set a goal to really experience your builds by taking them to 90, some of the end game content will naturally come with that. You'll end up doing some red maps, killing a few conquerors, working toward atlas completion (even if you don't finish it) and maybe even trying some of the end bosses, like the elder and shaper guardians, or perhaps elder and shaper themselves. Maybe even Sirus.

You don't have to do any of that stuff, but taking your builds to 90 will put you in striking range of that end-game content if you feel the urge.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Aug 13, 2020, 5:48:49 PM
"
Morb_84 wrote:
I think to myself „hmm, this skill might be fun“.
And I start the next char.

So if you have any Tipps for me so that I stay on one char for at least some time, please let me know :)

Tip #1--- don't start a new character.
You need to find short term goals. Plural. Without them, the "endgame" is too vague an idea. There's tons of them in the game, but it's kind of up to you to decide which to adopt as your personal favorite. I got hooked on running temples this league... did more of that than I typically would.
+1 on this. There are so many options if you can find something that interests you. But it's a lot easier to focus on just one or two things at a time.

And if the only thing you feel like doing is re-rolling, there's nothing wrong with that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info