How to motivate for the endgame?

Generally speaking I find it a good idea to target certain content, depending on what floats your boat, that isn't easy to accomplish without some grinding.

As an example my goal in this league was to complete the harder end game bosses. Uber atziri, Uber Elder, Sirus A8. These are encounters that you can't just complete without proper gear and builds. I still need to accomplish these goals and as a result still find joy in playing the game with my one build to gather currency to push the limits of what my particular build can accomplish.

I should add that I believe it best to play sub optimal builds myself. Builds that require some serious investment before they can clear higher tier content. If you build the best possible build that can clear the endgame content for minimal investment then the game will bore you far more quickly. For me personally just playing whatever build is the best at that point just takes away most of the challenge. I would compare it to easy mode and whatever game I play I will always play on the hardest difficulty. Easy modes bore me and POE is essentially a single player game.

Finally I think it is important to make whatever you build your own. Guides are great for inspiration but copy pasting something just isn't as rewarding as trying to build something yourself. My main drive right now is that I took something unconventional and tried to make it work in the hardest content.
"
GreyLensman wrote:
+1 on this. There are so many options if you can find something that interests you. But it's a lot easier to focus on just one or two things at a time.

And if the only thing you feel like doing is re-rolling, there's nothing wrong with that.

I yhink this means only one thing: yiu hevnt found still askill whats you really like to play more, and so - not built char to minmax.

But its ok.
In current state of Path of the Nerfs, game offers not so much actually.
Thank you for all the replies! Got some good ideas from you guys :)
I think the goal „.play a char to lvl 80 and then 90“ makes the most sense to me.
Also I never had a CI Char, I might put that as a goal too.

Thx again guys :)
Good luck!

As you start to think about a build for next league, I would suggest looking for something that works well on a budget. Ideally you want something that can get you to yellow maps on a 5-link, and can do pretty much all end content on a budget of 5-10 ex for the whole build. There are some builds that can do it on less, but 5 ex gives you a lot of flexibility.

Vortex - Coldsnap Occultist is a good option at the moment. It's fairly tanky and also does decent enough damage. You would start it as a hybrid but transition to CI. (It can even be played as LL if you decide to try that.) And the DoT playstyle if very helpful for learning boss fights, since it allows you to spend more time focusing on the boss's mechanics.

There are plenty of other solid builds. This is just one I like and know will work for your purposes. And because it's not super OP, it's not going to get seriously nerfed next league - at least not intentionally.

"
GreyLensman wrote:
Good luck!

As you start to think about a build for next league, I would suggest looking for something that works well on a budget. Ideally you want something that can get you to yellow maps on a 5-link, and can do pretty much all end content on a budget of 5-10 ex for the whole build. There are some builds that can do it on less, but 5 ex gives you a lot of flexibility.

Vortex - Coldsnap Occultist is a good option at the moment. It's fairly tanky and also does decent enough damage. You would start it as a hybrid but transition to CI. (It can even be played as LL if you decide to try that.) And the DoT playstyle if very helpful for learning boss fights, since it allows you to spend more time focusing on the boss's mechanics.

There are plenty of other solid builds. This is just one I like and know will work for your purposes. And because it's not super OP, it's not going to get seriously nerfed next league - at least not intentionally.

I actually just finished story with vortex and it was quite fun.
Since I’m playing on ps4 it’s basically a SSF playstyle - the trade market is horrible and way to expensive.
Getting a 5 link to switch away from Tabula would be the next thing todo on that build and then go from there.
I might try do that :)
I like working towards the next big step on my character(s), also having multiple characters made for a specific gameplay type e.g deep delving, fast mapper, bosser etc. I work towards getting as efficient as possible while still having fun every league. I also try out new builds if possible.
"
I actually just finished story with vortex and it was quite fun.
Since I’m playing on ps4 it’s basically a SSF playstyle - the trade market is horrible and way to expensive.
Getting a 5 link to switch away from Tabula would be the next thing todo on that build and then go from there.
I might try do that :)

If you haven't tried much delve, the 5L recipe is not that deep. It's a bit more than the average cost to spam fusings, but you avoid the risk of spending way more than average. (If you do spam, be sure to quality first.)

Harvest can also get you a 5L craft with a little luck. Better odds at higher seed levels, but I managed to get one 5L fairly early. And harvest is great for SSF crafting this league, although it's not going to stick around.

There is a lot of good info in ShakCentral's Vortex guide if you're just looking for another source of info.
"
wullack wrote:
I think you shouldn't "motivate" yourself to do anything in POE. This is a game, it's supposed to be fun!
If you like that play style, go with it! Don't worry about what others might say or do.

Btw, I play the same way. Shortly after killing act 10 Kitava, most of the time, I delete my character and make a new one with different skills. I find the so called "end game" in POE quite boring.

I thought I was alone in this. I think mapping is boring. There is something missing in the map system that keeps me from wanting to do maps. Its cool for the first few maps but then it just losses its feel and it feels dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info