Why would I ever use exalted orbs? "Crafting" should be core.

"
yamface wrote:

You are literally projecting yourself as the benchmark of an average player.

I have bad news for you: you are not average, you're a casual. An average player is someone like me....



"No, I’m Brian! And so’s my wife!"
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
"
yamface wrote:
"
Elhazzared wrote:
Games should be balanced around average players.


No they shouldn't, and no respectable game ever does so. Take a good look at every top online game on the market. Nobody balances the game around the average player. There are balance changes that keep the average player in mind, but the super majority of them are for the top players. If you want to see what a game looks like when it balances around the average player, you might as well go into the mobile gaming industry because that's exactly what they do.


Lol, the mobile gaming industry that wipes the floor with pc gamer numbers? Good argument!
"
brushmonkey wrote:
"
yamface wrote:

You are literally projecting yourself as the benchmark of an average player.

I have bad news for you: you are not average, you're a casual. An average player is someone like me....



"No, I’m Brian! And so’s my wife!"


I don't think you understand there actually is no irony in that quote.
"
Lol, the mobile gaming industry that wipes the floor with pc gamer numbers? Good argument!
Then go play mobile games.
"
yamface wrote:
"
Lol, the mobile gaming industry that wipes the floor with pc gamer numbers? Good argument!
Then go play mobile games.


No thanks, don't like them. Merely calling out your bs!
"
No thanks, don't like them. Merely calling out your bs!
But you said the mobile games are wiping the floor against pc games. Obviously they must be better. Why play a bad game like poe when you could play a mobile game that is wiping the floor vs any pc game?
Numbers have nothing to do with quality, its to do with accessibility. People spend far more time on their phones than sat at a desk.

Seriously stop looking for an arguement, I was correcting your assertion. Nobody is right 100% of the time and that's fine, just let it go.
"
Numbers have nothing to do with quality


My assertion was that mobile games were shit quality genius.
"
yamface wrote:
"
Numbers have nothing to do with quality


My assertion was that mobile games were shit quality genius.


Ah, I was wondering how long it would take for you to resort to petty insults, not long I see.

Here's a quote from you;

If you want to see what a game looks like when it balances around the average player, you might as well go into the mobile gaming industry because that's exactly what they do.

My response was to highlight that player numbers are magnitudes higher on mobile games when compared to PC games, I did not comment on quality. Game developers by and large do whatever brings them, and retains for them, the biggest player-base, as that is usually linked to revenue.

So if as you say, mobile games are for the average person (and they are far more popular than POE), surely GGG should also be basing their game on the common player (average feels like a quality description, not quantity).

Now I am done with responding to you, as you're not willing to discuss reasonably and have now gone down the path of childish insults. Please don't waste your time replying as I will not read it.

Good day.
"
My response was to highlight that player numbers are magnitudes higher on mobile games when compared to PC games
That is called a strawman. You're weren't correcting anything as nobody was even talking about numbers until you yourself brought it up. Keep that in mind when you enter a debate next time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info