Why would I ever use exalted orbs? "Crafting" should be core.

"
BlackPulsar wrote:
"
Elhazzared wrote:
"
BlackPulsar wrote:

you know crafting an item in real life you need to hammer that thing for days and maybe one day it brakes while trying to make that edge just a bit sharper and you have to start all over again.
beast crafdt,bench craft,fosil craft,core curency craft,and sometimes you just drop somethign with good rolls you maybe anul somethign and go...
i dont want the game to cater to anyone that thinks this league should be core content.

I don't know about you, but I at least play games to have fun, not to be a real life simulator. Also most people I know play games for similar reasons, to have fun. If you believe the game should be a real life simulator, then why do you need the game? Go craft a real item in the real world, I'm sure you'll be far more fulfilled than crafting an item in PoE.

With that out of the way, I don't think harvest should go core. Not because as some "illuminated" people is so good and allows you to make items easily. In fact, it doesn't, not unless you are part of the top players of the game which could already make top tier items with currency crafting anyway.

It exactly the opposite. This system is nowhere nearly good enough. Putting 50 hours to craft a pair of boots or putting 50 hours to get the currency to buy them hardly makes a difference and it certainly does not get more people crafting past the experimental phase when they realise after a few days that this system is just as bad as the old one!

What I'm saying is that we need a proper crafting system that doesn't just takes too much effort for too small a result. Any game should properly reward players for their efforth. it doesn't matters if they are MLG pro players or if they are an average player without too much time to play cause they work and have families. All of them should feel like their efforths are being rewarded whenever they play the game, whenever they engage with one of it's systems like crafting.

no worries this league will not be core and you will still have fosil crafting and al the huuuuuge range of craft this game offers that you under estimate.
you WILL have to get use to thinking and figuring stuff out to craft the best items and that's where the feeling of achievement will come from.
took you how much to craft 2 mirror tier items?.... you managed 2? in how much time????oh 50 hours for one? omg you guys should try diablo.

Lol @ sense of achievement in a no effect at all on real life video game.
"
Elhazzared wrote:
got several ex worth of gear. They still are making 10 to 15 chaos a day.

Now let's look at a perfectly average pair of boots. These are not mirror tier, they are not GG items, it's just the bare minimum one can expect of a decent pair of boots.

30% movement speed
80+ life
30%+ fire res
30%+ cold res
30%+ lightning res

As you can see, this is a reasonable item, nothing out of this world, but something like this is rare to cost less than 1ex which we are starting to see 160c or more by the time the average player enters maps which is around 1 week after league start.

\(@_@)/

If this boot is consider average then I must have been running around killing A8 in pure trash gear.
"
"
Elhazzared wrote:
got several ex worth of gear. They still are making 10 to 15 chaos a day.

Now let's look at a perfectly average pair of boots. These are not mirror tier, they are not GG items, it's just the bare minimum one can expect of a decent pair of boots.

30% movement speed
80+ life
30%+ fire res
30%+ cold res
30%+ lightning res

As you can see, this is a reasonable item, nothing out of this world, but something like this is rare to cost less than 1ex which we are starting to see 160c or more by the time the average player enters maps which is around 1 week after league start.

\(@_@)/

If this boot is consider average then I must have been running around killing A8 in pure trash gear.

i would say "good" average boots would have 1 resi less and/or mastercrafted 3rd ones
"
yamface wrote:
"
brushmonkey wrote:
"
yamface wrote:

You are literally projecting yourself as the benchmark of an average player.

I have bad news for you: you are not average, you're a casual. An average player is someone like me....

"No, I’m Brian! And so’s my wife!"

I don't think you understand there actually is no irony in that quote.

I don’t think You understand there actually is no reference to irony in that quote
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
"
brushmonkey wrote:
I don’t think You understand there actually is no reference to irony in that quote

I don't think you understand the quote I'm referring is not the shitty monty python one you wrote.
"
yamface wrote:

You are literally projecting yourself as the benchmark of an average player.

I have bad news for you: you are not average, you're a casual. An average player is someone like me, who plays a few hours a day just like you said. I have a full time professional job to be at 50-60 hours a week then there's family and house chores then I have other fun things to do other than just poe, I don't have the time to be into this game 24/7. Except the difference is I actually am committed to the game still despite having little time to play. I still take the time to learn and improve, and as a result I end up playing pretty efficiently during the few hours I do play over the years. You on the other hand have played since 2013, almost as long as me, and you still can only make 10c a day. You stopped taking the time to improve at the game during that entire time. Which is fine, there's nothing wrong with being casual. But don't you ever dare call yourself "average" as if you just felt insulted by being called otherwise while still implying you are still committed to the game because you're not and the game isn't going to balance around that.

Stop calling me a casual, it's offensive! Casual are people who don't care about the game and want to click once every couple of minutes and get their reward. That's what mobile game players are.

I have indeed stopped getting better a long time ago, not because I don't care to get any better mind you, it's because I've hit my cap at how good I can get at this game. There are games where I can be better, there are games where I am much worse too. With that said, it's a fact that I am above the average player in PoE.

I am not projecting, the problem with someone who plays better is that they are incapable of understanding how can someone not play as good as them. This is an inhabillity that you have and that most good players at something have. Even in games where I am much better than PoE I have to constantly remind myself that it isn't fair to expect other people to be as good as me and realise what is the actual average for that game. It still pisses me off in competitive games to be put on a average team vs a good team and stand no chance. But I always remind myself, it's not that my team is bad, my team is average and is playing at a skill level much lower than mine because that's what they can do, not their fault the matchmaker is garbage and doesn't sorts out by skill.

Of course PoE is not a competitive game, but the fact of the matter is that you are blinded by your own skill. The average player takes 10 to 20 minutes per map, this is a fact. The average player rarely uses flasks other than the healing flask. The average player does not have reflexes to respond to things like the Die beam or heck, even any of the shapper attacks because he needs a longer time between the warning and the attack. And of course, the average player doesn't has much time to play so what he can acomplish is limited by both how efficiently he can run the maps vs how much time he has to play.

This is what you balance around if you want your game to have any semblance of balance. Then you can even go as far as creating content for bad players and for good players specifically. But core content must be balanced around the average.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Lass you have like 300 map tiers done this league. You're averaging one t5 map a day in playtime. How is that above average. How is ggg supposed to balance around that? Not even the current harvest mechanic is going to save you at that rate, and the harvest crafting is way too strong as it is.
i'm imagining the moderators at ggg reading this and saying:
look at these idiots...
Last edited by BlackPulsar on Aug 14, 2020, 9:16:41 AM
@Elhazzared Your idea off balance is tanking A8/U.Elder in starter gear. That imo would ruin the game for challenge crowd.

For newer player who are struggling with these bosses I suggest:

1) removing all your watchstones before attemping the fight.

2) Playing something with either maxblock or autoaim (brand, totem, mines, traps, minions and some spells) so you can focus on moving and learning.

3) Watch videos if steps 1-2 fails.
Last edited by magicdownunder on Aug 14, 2020, 9:28:34 AM
"
yamface wrote:
Lass you have like 300 map tiers done this league. You're averaging one t5 map a day in playtime. How is that above average. How is ggg supposed to balance around that? Not even the current harvest mechanic is going to save you at that rate, and the harvest crafting is way too strong as it is.

And what exactly makes you think I've been playing? I've played this league for less than 2 weeks, I've actually made a second character just to test something out but it wasn't really going well. I wasn't expecting, I just felt like testing it but that character didn't got to the mapping stage.

Add to that the fact that out of that less than 2 weeks, it took me 2 days to get to maps, also add that there was 2 or 3 days I had no time to play. I probably didn't do more than 5 or 6 days of mapping so even assuming I did 6 days of mapping, that's about 50 maps a day. If it was during work time, I'd be averaging something like 10 to 20 maps done a day, depending on how much time I'd have to play that day.

So, before you you count how many maps I've done this league which I'm not sure how you can see that but hey, I'll trust it's accurate, check in to see how much time was actually played first!

@magicdownunder

Have you considered that the so called challenge players don't feel challenged even now?

Have you considered that at no point through PoE history have these players ever felt challenged?

Have you considered these are people who use mirror tiered items and melt everything, even every single Sirius phase in 1 second flat?

Have you considered that they keep complaining the game is easy but unless they have a build that melts everything instantly they don't play it because they say it doesn't feels good to play?

Have you considered that no matter what GGG does, these players will never feel challenged unless they make something that is literaly unbeatable?

I think the picture is very clear. These people complain for the lack of challenge but they are the ones not challenging themselves. Because the reality of the situation is, they want challenge, but they want their builds to absolutly break the game in every way possible too. And those 2 things are not possible.

With those 2 things not being possible, it's very clear what their choice is, let it be easy cause it's much more fun to just go around melting everything. Because if they really wanted challenge, they would play with subpar skills that even when taken to the max still struggle to win.

So if they already accepted that the game will always be easy. Making the game easier for everyone who hates the struggle they are going through now and can't break through, is not going to change anything for them. They will still melt all content instantly and get their gratification anyway just as they always have.

These people didn't stopped playing a week or 2 in prior to delve. In fact much less people were quitting early back then. There might be a correlation between between players having sufficient power to do content and them staying. But that might be just my biased view (that last part was sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious).
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Last edited by Elhazzared on Aug 14, 2020, 9:53:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info