Why would I ever use exalted orbs? "Crafting" should be core.

@Elhazzared

When I say challenge crowd I'm not referring to the 1% mirror tier. I'm talking about people like myself who don't min/max and still lose portals against U.elder and A8.

The type of player who enjoys doing soul level 1 challenges in the Souls series. Making the bosses deal no damage and removing the danger will ruin the game for us.

EDIT: If you look at poe ninja you'll see that most arn't running instant phasing // tank all gear. Its just the professional (people who make money playing the game) who are more visable with GG gear.
Last edited by magicdownunder on Aug 14, 2020, 10:17:35 AM
"
@Elhazzared

When I say challenge crowd I'm not referring to the 1% mirror tier. I'm talking about people like myself who don't min/max and still lose portals against U.elder and A8.

The type of player who enjoys doing soul level 1 challenges in the Souls series. Making the bosses deal no damage and removing the danger will ruin the game for us.

Alright, it is true I'm not considering the people who love the ideal of struggle in every little thing they do in a game. but just like the top players you have a choice. If the game is easier, use a weaker type of skill, limit your gear. There are many ways to include challenge. I know people who challenged dark souls in no gear runs so surely nerfing yourself is not out of the equasion if challenge is what you seek.

What I don't think is right however is making the game bad for the majority of the players without giving them any options. Even more so when the game was for many years in a state where the vast majority of people enjoyed it.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
"
Elhazzared wrote:
And what exactly makes you think I've been playing? I've played this league for less than 2 weeks, I've actually made a second character just to test something out but it wasn't really going well. I wasn't expecting, I just felt like testing it but that character didn't got to the mapping stage.

Add to that the fact that out of that less than 2 weeks, it took me 2 days to get to maps, also add that there was 2 or 3 days I had no time to play. I probably didn't do more than 5 or 6 days of mapping so even assuming I did 6 days of mapping, that's about 50 maps a day. If it was during work time, I'd be averaging something like 10 to 20 maps done a day, depending on how much time I'd have to play that day.

So, before you you count how many maps I've done this league which I'm not sure how you can see that but hey, I'll trust it's accurate, check in to see how much time was actually played first!

It doesn't matter if you played all in 1 day or in the span of 60 days you literally completed only 300 map tiers this entire time. It's all the same, your progression into the game this league is very low, I don't get why you expect to have good things with that little playtime. I personally hated this league, and I mean hated this league and yet I still have 4700 map tiers done. There's an obvious disconnect here. I'm the average joe, you're the casual, the hardcore freak has his 10k map tier challenge done on week 1.
"
yamface wrote:

It doesn't matter if you played all in 1 day or in the span of 60 days you literally completed only 300 map tiers this entire time. It's all the same, your progression into the game this league is very low, I don't get why you expect to have good things with that little playtime. I personally hated this league, and I mean hated this league and yet I still have 4700 map tiers done. There's an obvious disconnect here. I'm the average joe, you're the casual, the hardcore freak has his 10k map tier challenge done on week 1.

No, you level of expectation is completly unrealistic. So I have to play the game for 2 month just to prove that I'm above the average player? That is completly ridiculous an in no way, shape or measure a way to account for skill.

I've hated this league even more than the previous and the only reason I played the previous for about a month was cause I was at a point where I had nothing else to play even though PoE wasn't being fun in the slightest, it was at at least burning some time. This time around I have options so why would I play something that is being about as fun as a swift kick to the nuts when I have much better games to play?

By the way, have you noticed that by the first week alone this league lost 40% of the players? Those where all average players who came in, got same old thing vibe and got out. Other players took anywhere up to a month.

Progress into the league might be a way to measure skill yes. But let me put this in no small words. We are at a point in PoE where the average player does not reach red maps. they are getting stuck on the yellow maps and the few who do reach red maps are dying over and over again from being ungeared for it.

Surely enough I could go into red maps. I could even go through the unfun chore of grinding currency in the red maps until I got to the point where I am doing them safely. But what's the point? I did that last league and it wasn't fun, why would it be any more fun this league?

As to why I expect good things with that little play time. It's the bare minimum I should expect. I played since beta and honestely, I barely played at all until ascendency. After ascendency I started to play a lot more. Why is that? Because back then I could make a build that could do most content on a budget. Between ascencion and Delve which wasn't an small amount of time, this is what was taugh to us players as being the expectation to bring in to PoE.

Go look at any other ARPG. Do you see any that stop your progression unless you are on the top 10% of the skilled players? Well actually Grim Dawn does but it's the only other exception to the rule.

Players who are artifically prevented from progressing in a fun and satisfying way stop wanting to play because as I said, they are not having fun and the selling point of ANY game is having fun!
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
It's your expectation thats wack. With my 4700 map tiers, I BARELY spawned oshabi for the first time ever. This is the amount of mapping you're expected to do just to see all the core content.

If you quit the league because it sucks then OK... but you need to realize your progression stopped because you stopped playing, not because you aren't in the top 10%. Gear isn't going to magically appear after you quit the league.
"
yamface wrote:
It's your expectation thats wack. With my 4700 map tiers, I BARELY spawned oshabi for the first time ever. This is the amount of mapping you're expected to do just to see all the core content.

If you quit the league because it sucks then OK... but you need to realize your progression stopped because you stopped playing, not because you aren't in the top 10%. Gear isn't going to magically appear after you quit the league.

You still need a bare minimum amount of gear to start mapping and as the maps go higher in tier, so does your gear needs to be better. However the kind of gear required for core content which is red maps and technically should be Sirius but GGG is really bad at balancing, is much higher than what you'll have the abillity to aquire by the time you get there. There is no 2 ways about it. You either have the gear or you don't. Yeah, gear doesn't magically appears, but it also doesn't appears in any form of timely fashion. What should the average player be doing, doing white maps until they get the gear they need? Let's get real, if they do that the league will end before they have the gear required for yellow maps, let alone red.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
Last edited by Elhazzared on Aug 14, 2020, 12:32:08 PM
If you mean just getting by to red maps... just pick up the rares off the ground. The only thing you need is life and resists. I do it in ssfhc all the time. I feel like you're exposed too much to these build videos of people doing 100M dps. You only need maybe 500k dps to clear even t16 maps. At 1M dps you DEFINITELY instagib non-boss enemies.

As far as sirus goes, this fight is shitly designed, but in terms of gear requirement, it's much more lenient than what you needed for uber elder. There is no dps requirement for sirus.
"
Elhazzared wrote:
"
@Elhazzared

Alright, it is true I'm not considering the people who love the ideal of struggle in every little thing they do in a game. but just like the top players you have a choice. If the game is easier, use a weaker type of skill, limit your gear. There are many ways to include challenge. I know people who challenged dark souls in no gear runs so surely nerfing yourself is not out of the equasion if challenge is what you seek.

What I don't think is right however is making the game bad for the majority of the players without giving them any options. Even more so when the game was for many years in a state where the vast majority of people enjoyed it.

And to add on top of this, this should especially not be the case when GGG keeps adding content that is literally nothing except gear checks. Incursion, Delirium, Legion, sometimes Blight, all of these require you kill everything quickly or risk being punished for not having the DPS.

People want to say you should be fine with 1 million Shaper DPS. It used to be fine, but the increasing amount of content coming out that requires extremely high DPS only achievable with grossly expensive gear has made that no longer an option. I don't expect these timed leagues to be the last we'll see of them either.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

Betrayal was the best league we had since Legacy. The reward agency is something this game needs, and will be sorely missed.
Considering the utilization of time in game I divide players like this

TOP 1%
TOP 2-5%
Above Average 5-10%
Average players 11-30%
Casuals 31 - 50%
SCUBS aka bottom 50% (AKA people who install poe, play it for an hour, do not understand shit and drop off fairly quickly as they do not invest mind capacity into the game)

Average player can make around 1 ex per hour (10-15 harder maps?)
Casual player can make around 0.5 ex per hour (10 maps? +-)
Scrubs make less because their time utilization is absolute garbage

So Casuals in a month can play a build worth 10ex, going slowly, minding their own business
Average players do 20-30ex builds in a month as their utilization of knowledge is above casuals

ABOVE average are players probably like me, if I would liquidate my possessions, i could muster around 150ex right now, but i hate trading so i play garbage builds.

In comparison Top 1% have builds worth around 1000 ex and probably 2-3 times the amount of wealth stashed/in offering for sale.

Lets say you see ladder - 15000 chars, those are like top 5-10%, considering the top of the top abusers usually have their profiles private so in the poe.ninja ladder / build overview there are some "average" or above average players present also.

I am not really sure what I wanted to say with this post, but probably just that Elhazzared is not even a casual looking at the profile.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.
ING: Marxone
Ty for scam <3
"
yamface wrote:
"
brushmonkey wrote:
I don’t think You understand there actually is no reference to irony in that quote

I don't think you understand the quote I'm referring is not the shitty monty python one you wrote.

I don't think you understand very much at all TBH.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info