Why would I ever use exalted orbs? "Crafting" should be core.

"
brushmonkey wrote:
"
yamface wrote:
"
brushmonkey wrote:
I don’t think You understand there actually is no reference to irony in that quote


I don't think you understand the quote I'm referring is not the shitty monty python one you wrote.


I don't think you understand very much at all TBH.

there is no spoon :))
"
yamface wrote:
If you mean just getting by to red maps... just pick up the rares off the ground. The only thing you need is life and resists. I do it in ssfhc all the time. I feel like you're exposed too much to these build videos of people doing 100M dps. You only need maybe 500k dps to clear even t16 maps. At 1M dps you DEFINITELY instagib non-boss enemies.

As far as sirus goes, this fight is shitly designed, but in terms of gear requirement, it's much more lenient than what you needed for uber elder. There is no dps requirement for sirus.


When you are mapping, anything that is not killing enemies instantly is not good. I mean, fair enough if you feel it's sufficient for you, but I personally cannot take it wasting time killing trash mobs. One of the things that PoE does for me that no other game does is that there is a huge density of enemies and that your abillities just go through them and absolutly obliterate everything instantly. The problem being that as it's main selling point it's actually removing player's abillity to do this. But I digress.

You need good gear and trash yellow gear that drops simply does not cut it. I know it, I've been there. There was a time in PoE where I picked up and identified all trash gear hoping for upgrades or something that was at least worth selling and it just doesn't. Past a certain point, you craft or you buy something someone crafted.

High damage weapons are also expensive, 6L items are usually expensive, many uniques are expensive too. No matter which way you turn, you need currency to buy it and you need it to make currency.

As for Sirius, let me tell you the only way an average player, in fact let me tell you the only way someone not in the top 10% players has of beating it. Maxed out blocking to try and tank his beam along with a really high DPS since you don't want to run out of healing, even with max block before he dies. This highly limits what builds can even do it for most players.

"
Marxone wrote:
Considering the utilization of time in game I divide players like this

TOP 1%
TOP 2-5%
Above Average 5-10%
Average players 11-30%
Casuals 31 - 50%
SCUBS aka bottom 50% (AKA people who install poe, play it for an hour, do not understand shit and drop off fairly quickly as they do not invest mind capacity into the game)


Average player can make around 1 ex per hour (10-15 harder maps?)
Casual player can make around 0.5 ex per hour (10 maps? +-)
Scrubs make less because their time utilization is absolute garbage

So Casuals in a month can play a build worth 10ex, going slowly, minding their own business
Average players do 20-30ex builds in a month as their utilization of knowledge is above casuals

ABOVE average are players probably like me, if I would liquidate my possessions, i could muster around 150ex right now, but i hate trading so i play garbage builds.

In comparison Top 1% have builds worth around 1000 ex and probably 2-3 times the amount of wealth stashed/in offering for sale.



Lets say you see ladder - 15000 chars, those are like top 5-10%, considering the top of the top abusers usually have their profiles private so in the poe.ninja ladder / build overview there are some "average" or above average players present also.

I am not really sure what I wanted to say with this post, but probably just that Elhazzared is not even a casual looking at the profile.


You are SO far off the mark, let me attempt to correct you view of the playerbase in this matter. Also as a slight explanation before I post this, casuals are worse than bad players so that's why I'll put them last as it's based on skill.

Top players - 1%
Very good players - 2% to 4%
Good players - 10%
Above average players - 10%
Average players - 50%
Below average (what you call scrubs) - 22%
Casual players - 3%

Now some explanation about these numbers.

Up to the top half of the good players, there is no problem in doing any content, thjey are skilled enough for it.

The lower half of the good players will struggle a bit but be able to get through it.

The above average players can get through it, but it takes them a huge amount of time and it feels terrible to farm for as long as they have to even be able to do core content.

Average players and below already cannot even do core content.

In terms of profits I'll correct you just on the important points as I don't know the levels of profit of the good and above players.

The above average players can do about 10c an hour.

The average player can be expected about 5c an hour.

The ones bellow I don't think it's worth mentions how low it is. However what is worth mentioning is that this math is if you are doing red maps back to back which means, reduce those alues by at least half when doing white maps and maybe early yellows.

Also assume that average and most above average players have a max of 2 hours to play a day.

What math you are making up in your head is WAY off the mark! Like completly unrealistic. Now someone might get lucky and get an ex drop or an item that is worth something, but odds are they aren't with the amount of time they have to put vs the amount of content they can acomplish at the pace they play.

Of course that's only normal, anyone able to make even 1 ex an hour is already in the top 5% bare minimum, they live so out of contact with reality that they cannot even see it for what it is.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
What do you think of "skill" when it comes to PoE?

Ability to navigate mouse on the screen and click 1-2 buttons to kill mobs?
Understanding game mechanics?
Ability to navigate in maps while zooming with 300% movement speed?
Ability to find and read user guides on builds or atlas progression?


To me average player can reach Sirus AL4 in 2 months. Beating it is different story as there is no "learning" on single attempt BS encounter like Sirus is. Took me 2 leagues to "learn" the fight with 6-7 full fails.

But Sirus is type of encounter where gear crafting is something that won't help you if you do not have some bs build aiming for immortality or full dps to skip phases, but that is something not "average" players do usually.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.
ING: Marxone
Ty for scam <3
"
Marxone wrote:
What do you think of "skill" when it comes to PoE?

Ability to navigate mouse on the screen and click 1-2 buttons to kill mobs?
Understanding game mechanics?
Ability to navigate in maps while zooming with 300% movement speed?
Ability to find and read user guides on builds or atlas progression?


To me average player can reach Sirus AL4 in 2 months. Beating it is different story as there is no "learning" on single attempt BS encounter like Sirus is. Took me 2 leagues to "learn" the fight with 6-7 full fails.

But Sirus is type of encounter where gear crafting is something that won't help you if you do not have some bs build aiming for immortality or full dps to skip phases, but that is something not "average" players do usually.


What do I count as skill. Generaly how well you can actually play. How fast can you react to an attack that's gonna kill you, how many keys can you handle at the same time, how good are your flask upkeep throughout the map whether you need or not to constantly use it. There are more things but those are the things that relate to skill, when you are playing, how well and efficently can you do it.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
"
brushmonkey wrote:
I don't think you understand very much at all TBH.
I don't think you understand how ironic that is.
"
yamface wrote:
"
brushmonkey wrote:
I don't think you understand very much at all TBH.
I don't think you understand how ironic that is.
i don't think we even exist,is all this even real? :)))
Last edited by BlackPulsar on Aug 14, 2020, 4:49:36 PM

:)) this meme proves the point that all games require a level of skill to become better than the rest,i'm good and a lot of players play more efficient than me and get to those 150 ex builds in the first week of the league with a job.
Last edited by BlackPulsar on Aug 14, 2020, 4:44:55 PM
"
Elhazzared wrote:
When you are mapping, anything that is not killing enemies instantly is not good. I mean, fair enough if you feel it's sufficient for you, but I personally cannot take it wasting time killing trash mobs. One of the things that PoE does for me that no other game does is that there is a huge density of enemies and that your abillities just go through them and absolutly obliterate everything instantly. The problem being that as it's main selling point it's actually removing player's abillity to do this. But I digress.

You need good gear and trash yellow gear that drops simply does not cut it. I know it, I've been there. There was a time in PoE where I picked up and identified all trash gear hoping for upgrades or something that was at least worth selling and it just doesn't. Past a certain point, you craft or you buy something someone crafted.

High damage weapons are also expensive, 6L items are usually expensive, many uniques are expensive too. No matter which way you turn, you need currency to buy it and you need it to make currency.
Look I don't know what to tell you. You can checkout my trickster in my profile he's wearing nothing but rares I found off the ground. His dps is only 400k and that alone is enough to make his essence drain instantly clear 2-3 screens worth of mobs in just 2 button presses. It's nowhere near as bad as you say it is. Again the only thing you're not 1 shotting is the map boss himself and at 400k dps theres very, VERY few rares that are tanky enough to survive more than 1 second of the dot damage.

"
Elhazzared wrote:

As for Sirius, let me tell you the only way an average player, in fact let me tell you the only way someone not in the top 10% players has of beating it. Maxed out blocking to try and tank his beam along with a really high DPS since you don't want to run out of healing, even with max block before he dies. This highly limits what builds can even do it for most players.

Glancing blows is available to almost every duelist/marauder/templar/witch build, you reach max spell block very easily with it. There you go. If you think you're butchering your build just to take this node, don't think that. Every other hc build takes glancing blows either way. It's an amazing node.
"
yamface wrote:

Look I don't know what to tell you. You can checkout my trickster in my profile he's wearing nothing but rares I found off the ground. His dps is only 400k and that alone is enough to make his essence drain instantly clear 2-3 screens worth of mobs in just 2 button presses. It's nowhere near as bad as you say it is. Again the only thing you're not 1 shotting is the map boss himself and at 400k dps theres very, VERY few rares that are tanky enough to survive more than 1 second of the dot damage.

Glancing blows is available to almost every duelist/marauder/templar/witch build, you reach max spell block very easily with it. There you go. If you think you're butchering your build just to take this node, don't think that. Every other hc build takes glancing blows either way. It's an amazing node.


Yes, ED can be quite strong against mobs, but it's obnoxiously bad against bosses. Also I don't personally like 2 cast skills like ED or mines. They feel very clunky to me. I've done ED builds in the past and aside not really liking the clunkyness, even with slightly better gear than that, many map bosses were taking so long to die that there was just no point in doing it.

Glancing blows only improves things a little bit as you are still taking quite a bit of damage and trading off lots of passives that should be elsewhere to get at least 38% block for attacks and spells is still not as easy as you make it sound. Even if that made you tank the very first hit of the Sirius beam, it wouldn't ehlp against the second, they come in very fast succession so it's almost impossible to avoid at least 2 or 3 beams them moment it's already decided that the first already hit.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info