Now that Harvest is "maybe coming to core later" - This is how it should be fixed

I don't know about all the god tier end game crafting, the 6L all white 10 mod headhunter 900dps stuff, you can balance it or nerf what you need to.

But the main issues that everybody has with harvest after reading lots of posts are a clogged ui and too much convoluted micromanaging.

So if you want harvest to go core,
it wouldn't be that bad if you change some stuff first.
These designs cut a lot of the unnecessary crap out,
bringing some dramatic changes to make Harvest streamlined,
easier, faster and more fun.

A lot of these suggestions sound like Delve, but that's just what works.
Everything in these concept drafts looks like shit because MSpaint but
would look fine with proper artists on the job, so hold your dislike rage.

1) Collectors have tiers and built-in sprinklers

You can upgrade them to grow higher seeds,
sprinkle more colors, and store more life force.
Click a upgrade wheel which appears once you have enough life force.

- Disperser sprinklers are gone.

- Seed adjacency requirements are gone.
Grow any tier seeds of the same base color in any formation.

- You only need to place pylons to connect your cable network between all your collectors and the main station, which covers the seed and life force storage.

2) All life force and crafts are stored automatically

A global crafting station with storage tanks allows you to craft stuff later. Plant or harvest more seeds and get back to the game, no more delay.

Upgrading the crafting station will reduce the life force cost for crafting.
You will still need that 1 seed for each time you want to craft X.

3) Total life force storage Capacity display at the bottom

- Crafting station has 3 storage tanks for each color.
You can upgrade them seperately, like delve sulphite capacity.
Easy to balance by simply changing values of upgrade tiers/cost/capacity

- Life bars show you how much you have and estimate how much your collectors are currently using to water all their seeds after the next turn, so you can instantly see if you have enough for all your active growths.

- All the life force is stored here, and thus easily channelled from and to all the collectors when you harvest or water seeds.
No more stupid jungle mess of tanks and dispersers.

4) Crafting station

- Display all 3 life forces available for crafting

- Actual crafting selection shows more intuitive icons
instead of exhausting players with verbal description walls

- Quick keypad with icons for all the crafting mods (I counted around 46)
Want to turn in decks of cards, upgrade essences, exchange orbs, link items or recolor sockets? Click boom done. Everything right there in one spot. Or type in a keyword and let the searchbar highlight crafts for you.

- (Not in the pic) Optional "show unobtained seeds" to expand the list of crafts, showing you what can be done, but you don't currently have,
and what that required seed is named so you can buy it easy.

5) Life force Flowers work normally, place them around a collector to gain more life force from seeds when harvested.

6) Crafting flowers are added in a side slot at the crafting slot.
- Not sure how the "rarest option out of 3/2/1" works, what those mods are or how valuable they are etc. But again, easy for devs to adjust the use of multiple/singular buffs per craft, based on item lvl or craft mod type etc.
Toggle the icons on/off, get a better/higher/rarer roll?

Not really interested in this nerdy RNG part to be honest, could just trash all the stupid flowers buds and blossoms. Trash. Nobody cares about getting "0.1% luckier to get lucky", do they? Blugh. Cancer.

- Hortification flowers grant increased 20-60% (stacked) chance to not consume the seed, or refund(regrow) it if the outcome isn't desired?
So even if you fail you can at least plant the seed again, which at higher tiers takes a lot of time, maps, and life force to regrow, so I see this as a pretty fair mechanic.

--- --- ---

If Harvest had been something like this from the start, I would have given it a 7/10 (-3 for lack of map monster fights).

Any questions or something critical I missed?

"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2020, 10:06:55 PM
Although your ideas are fine I think you miss the point. Everyone loves deterministic crafting and virtually everyone hated the garden and the seeds.

The solution is not to try to "pretty up" the garden, it is to never see it again.

The fix is crystal clear. Integrate deterministic crafting within the game to beef up under performing areas like Beastcrafting.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Aug 13, 2020, 12:45:23 PM
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
Everyone loves deterministic crafting and virtually everyone hated the garden and the seeds.

The solution is not to try to "pretty up" the garden, it is to never see it again..

I think you missed the point. I think you didn't even read anything and just jumped the gun assuming I'm some idiot who posted his own version of what the garden should look like for no reasons.

My suggestions are the solution.
I'm removing all the annoying parts of having to connect 99% of the wires between tanks, collectors and dispersers down to collectors only.

Then I slammed a massive quality of life functionality buff on the crafting station, so you don't need to run between 100 stations, which only store 3 crafts each, and mouse over oogle at them to find the correct craft that you stored once but can't remember when or where... which is possibly the most annoying part about this entire league, hands down.

It's a combination of ui and mechanical changes that improve functionality, practicality, granting easy access and faster, more enjoyable gameplay and management of crafting. I couldn't care less what it actually looks like, if it's "prettied up" or not, as long as it WORKS PROPERLY.

"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
Although your ideas are fine I think you miss the point. Everyone loves deterministic crafting and virtually everyone hated the garden and the seeds.

The solution is not to try to "pretty up" the garden, it is to never see it again.

The fix is crystal clear. Integrate deterministic crafting within the game to beef up under performing areas like Beastcrafting.

Agreed. Keep the crafting options, merged into the crafting bench. Lose the garden and seeds altogether.
- here's my sig
"
Elemenz wrote:

Then I slammed a massive quality of life functionality buff on the crafting station, so you don't need to run between 100 stations, which only store 3 crafts each, and mouse over oogle at them to find the correct craft that you stored once but can't remember when or where... which is possibly the most annoying part about this entire league, hands down.

You can already pick up the stations, they will keep the stored crafts. You can put them all into your regular stash and the built-in stash search will work on them. So you can have a full tab of stations in your regular stash, you can highlight whatever you want by searching for "augment", "non-crit" or whatever, grab them, and put them down in the garden.
There's lots of ways we could keep some of the crafting options. Merge them with Bestiary. Put a room in the temple. Make a new node for Delve. There's all sorts of interesting places to put it. We don't need a whole separate garden.
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:

+1 for this.
IGN: JerleEleven (Jerle's Eleven ;))
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
Ripped 760pdps bow 16 Aug 2020 - 16 Aug 2020
"
Elemenz wrote:
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
Everyone loves deterministic crafting and virtually everyone hated the garden and the seeds.

The solution is not to try to "pretty up" the garden, it is to never see it again..

I think you missed the point. I think you didn't even read anything and just jumped the gun assuming I'm some idiot who posted his own version of what the garden should look like for no reasons.

--

No, I read your excellent post and mentioned that it was well thought out. I look at POE from a macro level. I think that mapping and masters missions are awesome and so much better than a few years ago. But, IMO I don't think that Bestiary, The Temple, The Syndicate are in good enough shape to get excited about doing the missions. They could use the Harvest Crafts to spice them up.

Our disagreement is whether the garden can be salvaged or whether it should be salvaged. Whether the "bloat" should continue or existing mechanisms tightened up.....Hopefully this makes sense to you and to GGG if they are monitoring. And as I said in my original post - many if not most of the players put up with the terrible garden to get at the crafts.....that is not something that can or should be salvaged....make it a win win...blow up the garden and beef up the existing content.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Aug 13, 2020, 9:05:20 PM
I mean the fix is to remove all of the harvest gameplay and clunkiness and make the seeds drop directly as craftable currency. Harvests problem has very little to do with crafting and a whole lot to do with interacting with the mechanics really sucked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info