600 dolar 8k hour epic lesson from ggg

"
cursedtofeel wrote:
"
Punnie3 wrote:
I'm on the same boat. I used Awakened aswell. My appeal was already dismissed, perma banned, yey.
Nevertheless good luck that your ban is getting removed.

you got ban and you bought supp pack again ? how you are sure they will not ban you again and lose money again ?

I can't be certain. However loosing money is not my main concern. It bothers me the most, that I'm accused to be an unfair player.
I won't buy any other packs in the future, which i normally did in the past.
Last edited by Punnie3 on Oct 5, 2020, 5:38:00 PM
"
neohongkong wrote:
reddit is way too much white knight and toxic downvote

just try to write anywhere abt you ban ggg deleting them or sending to somewhere ppl cannt see
"
cursedtofeel wrote:
"
neohongkong wrote:
reddit is way too much white knight and toxic downvote

just try to write anywhere abt you ban ggg deleting them or sending to somewhere ppl cannt see

well that's the cool thing with google, they index all the web servers of the world so you can make you own little simple web site and talk about PoE and stuff like that and it will be picked up by google (hint, put google ads on the site).
Also had many hours and a couple hundred spent. After 2 days my prayers were answered :O

Hey there,

We have reviewed your account and in this case the ban has been revoked, and you should now be able to access the account with no trouble.

If you have any further questions or queries please don't hesitate to contact us again!

Kind regards,
Accounts Investigations Team
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
Also had many hours and a couple hundred spent. After 2 days my prayers were answered :O

Hey there,

We have reviewed your account and in this case the ban has been revoked, and you should now be able to access the account with no trouble.

If you have any further questions or queries please don't hesitate to contact us again!

Kind regards,

I am happy for you.
Good that it can end like this.

But I wonder why it happened so fast with you?
(I've been waiting for an answer since last week on Thursday)

Does anyone know if you will get an answer from ggg in any case?
I would not like to write a third mail now... :D
"
xcoda2 wrote:
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:

Hey there,

Kind regards,

I am happy for you.

yes you will get an e-mail with the status of your appeal. If they deny your appeal they will also block / not respond to that account e-mail anymore.
"
xcoda2 wrote:
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:

Hey there,

Kind regards,

I am happy for you.

This just shows how messed up the process is. They built this game to be "played forever" but they can just permanently ban people by mistake and Im sure many times they have not un-banned innocent people. Imaging playing this game for years and collecting items from many leagues in standard and one day its all gone by the developers mistake.

Sure, the auto detection will help combat the malicious third party application users. But in a 90% single player game is it worth the trade off for the innocent ones that are banned with a chance it is never fixed?
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:

Hey there,

Kind regards,

thats the point you got ban unfair and with their worst system or bug system
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
"
xcoda2 wrote:
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:

Hey there,

Kind regards,

I am happy for you.

This just shows how messed up the process is. They built this game to be "played forever" but they can just permanently ban people by mistake and Im sure many times they have not un-banned innocent people. Imaging playing this game for years and collecting items from many leagues in standard and one day its all gone by the developers mistake.

Sure, the auto detection will help combat the malicious third party application users. But in a 90% single player game is it worth the trade off for the innocent ones that are banned with a chance it is never fixed?

Sad, but true.
There should be a one-time warning first (for people using tools like poe-trade macro). I like to see, that ggg track cheaters, but i never thought that I would be banned myself ^^
Same boat here. Before this happened, I would've seen a thread like this and just assumed everyone was guilty of RMT, botting, etc. After all, I trusted GGG to go about bans in a deliberate, meaningful way (and I welcomed it, because it really benefits the game to clamp down on those cheating and destroying the economy).

But I was banned a few days after league launch. Immediately sent an email expecting a prompt response and for the issue to be resolved. I don't use third-party software, so clearly the ban was just an error.

However, days of waiting turned into weeks, and now it's been 17 days (with no further response beyond the initial email). During that time, many of my friends who were caught in the wave had their bans revoked - a clear sign that a significant portion of these bans were erroneous. It's also confusing as some of them only sent emails this week to appeal their bans, and their bans were revoked within 1-2 days.

Right now it just feels like I'm being shafted, and that the ticket system for whatever reason is not working as intended.

It would've been nice to have a response, any response, within the last three weeks as I enter my third weekend of being unable to play one of my favorite games, one that I have invested a significant amount of money and time into, and even gotten many of my friends to start playing.

TL;DR: For those waiting on a response to your appeals, there is hope - many players are being unbanned, but right now it just seems to be a case of waiting it out as you're not necessarily in a queue. I hope, for those in the same boat as me, that we get a chance to play this league soon!
Last edited by schwingothing on Oct 9, 2020, 10:05:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info