600 dolar 8k hour epic lesson from ggg

"
schwingothing wrote:
Same boat here. Before this happened, I would've seen a thread like this and just assumed everyone was guilty of RMT, botting, etc. After all, I trusted GGG to go about bans in a deliberate, meaningful way (and I welcomed it, because it really benefits the game to clamp down on those cheating and destroying the economy).

But I was banned a few days after league launch. Immediately sent an email expecting a prompt response and for the issue to be resolved. I don't use third-party software, so clearly the ban was just an error.

However, days of waiting turned into weeks, and now it's been 17 days (with no further response beyond the initial email). During that time, many of my friends who were caught in the wave had their bans revoked - a clear sign that a significant portion of these bans were erroneous. It's also confusing as some of them only sent emails this week to appeal their bans, and their bans were revoked within 1-2 days.

Right now it just feels like I'm being shafted, and that the ticket system for whatever reason is not working as intended.

It would've been nice to have a response, any response, within the last three weeks as I enter my third weekend of being unable to play one of my favorite games, one that I have invested a significant amount of money and time into, and even gotten many of my friends to start playing.

TL;DR: For those waiting on a response to your appeals, there is hope - many players are being unbanned, but right now it just seems to be a case of waiting it out as you're not necessarily in a queue. I hope, for those in the same boat as me, that we get a chance to play this league soon!

Hopefully you have a good outcome. Even 2 days felt like a long time to wait since I play this game for hours every day.
I thought it will take 1-2 days, but 2 weeks have passed and I'm still waiting. 17 days is insane...
No worries u are not alone in this case. Im also got banned.I only use awakened poe trade and mercury trade since those streamer is using it as well yea i thought is safe to use but no i got banned instead. Those streamer are still using it .Why not see GGG ban them for it as well. Saw a post at reddit that streamer got unbanned and giving chance to uninstall awakened poe trade to continue playing. GGG double standard well done.
"
kenloold wrote:
No worries u are not alone in this case. Im also got banned.I only use awakened poe trade and mercury trade since those streamer is using it as well yea i thought is safe to use but no i got banned instead. Those streamer are still using it .Why not see GGG ban them for it as well. Saw a post at reddit that streamer got unbanned and giving chance to uninstall awakened poe trade to continue playing. GGG double standard well done.

Because there are functions in both programs that will get you banned and the rest is "pretty" safe....
However some of the tolls (if use wrong) will spam GGG's backend and that's why they are doing a big crackdown on them at the moment.
After ~10 days my account was now revoked.
I think the processing time can vary a lot.
But I am very happy that it had a good end.
"
1r15h66 wrote:
I thought it will take 1-2 days, but 2 weeks have passed and I'm still waiting. 17 days is insane...

thats showing how much ggg care their players not more
"
Aldonés wrote:
Lots of reported bans from people using trade macros. I recommend stopping every single one. The more I look into their macro policy, the more I realize almost everything in them is a violation, and they are just now coding their algorithms to pick it up.

if You click on something in game and get a price check via xyz, the tool just interacted with the server to know what you clicked on = violation. I have yet to find a /reply command, so macros are probably a violation.

I don't know, we have many entries here in the forum and also on Reddit on the topics of which tools are available and how to use them - for years. Even well-known streamers use them.

GGG's staff is very quick at removing bad words, insults, or name calling.
To simply leave the entries for various tools as they are, without a clear indication that these are prohibited, but instead to ban random players from time to time and then without any indication of why, would be quite malicious.

I don't know in which country the OP lives in. But if I made financial transactions that I suddenly no longer had access to, I would always go to a lawyer. He would take care of that. Here in the EU and in Germany, the law stands above (allegedly) arbitrary decisions to lock you out of your paid goods.
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." - Stephen McCranie
Last edited by juyevon on Oct 14, 2020, 6:23:08 AM
"
cursedtofeel wrote:

thats showing how much ggg care their players not more

Haha, today is the 21st day of my waiting.

There is almost no hope left, cause from the whole of our guild only 1 ban was revoked. Absolutely no transparent decisions emphasized by 1 member, who left the guild 1 day before the ban wave and "escaped" (the lucky one).

Others, who not played for a long time, who don't give a shit about bots in the guild used by 2 members (leader and his friend), and even a 56-year old retiree, who even didn't know what is "ban" mean exactly - permanent ban.

Loyalty and desire for support vanished.
Thank you, GGG! Nice work.
"
juyevon wrote:
The use of a "logout macro" is already mandatory for hardcore players. Have any of them ever been banned for using them?

That's because that's the ONLY manual macro (please note the word MANUAL) that is allowed by GGG.
So pretty bad exampel here......
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Oct 14, 2020, 5:30:56 AM
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
juyevon wrote:
The use of a "logout macro" is already mandatory for hardcore players. Have any of them ever been banned for using them?

That's because that's the ONLY manual macro (please note the word MANUAL) that is allowed by GGG.
So pretty bad exampel here......

I only find the term "manual Marco" in connection with photography when I Google it. Nonetheless, even if it is an inappropriate example, it is only one of many. This does not change the main tenor of my thesis.
A logout macro is gameplaywise a bigger advantage then "/ty; /Hideout".
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." - Stephen McCranie
Last edited by juyevon on Oct 14, 2020, 5:53:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info