Game crashes on latest update 3.12.4b

Hi

I am on Xbox One and when I load my game the GGG logo is skipped during animation and sent to the login screen. Once I've logged in and selected either of my characters, I am taken to the town I was in and about 30 seconds later the game crashes every time and I am sent to the Xbox home page. It does not matter what I do, I can change to hideout, waypoint, menagerie, etc., it crashes without fail within about 30 seconds. Also all the character models and assets are extremely slow to load in and sometimes don't fully load when the game crashes. Please fix this issue!

Thanks,

Whargies
Last bumped on Nov 1, 2020, 11:41:08 AM
Whenever they release a new patch on console you should always clear out the system cache(Hard reset).

Here are some ways to fix performance and latency on xbox one, keep in mind it won't fix common game crashes

1. Put your xbox into Energy Saving Mode
-> settings>general>power mode & startup
2. Prevent(stop) any background updates
-> settings>system>updates
3. Tv & display options(optional)
-> settings>general>tv&display>video fidelity & overscan>colour space( PC RGB )
-> you may need to adjust your tv( brightness, contrast, colour )
4. Check your latency
-> settings>network>test network speed & statistics
5. Hold down the xbox button on the console, unplug the power from console, wait a few moments and power back on.
6. Repeat step 4
7. Login to poe and change your gateway from auto, to a server close to you

Some game modes can have a hugh impact on latency, such as delerium. My latency is between 30-35ms, when I do a 20% delerium it jumps to 230-300ms
Unfortunately I have tried all these fixes as you suggested and it still did not make a difference. Still crashing. Hopefully GGG can get this resolved.
The only other thing I can think of is removing saved data associated with the game(might fix the startup bug) from the console

poe>manage game and addons>saved data>remove from console only
No luck. Guess I'm gonna have to wait to play.....
Have you tried completely reinstalling the game?
I didn't even think about that. Guess I will try that next.
Looks like a reinstall worked! Problem solved!

Thanks for all the help you guys provided!
"
philipk82 wrote:
Whenever they release a new patch on console you should always clear out the system cache(Hard reset).

Here are some ways to fix performance and latency on xbox one, keep in mind it won't fix common game crashes

1. Put your xbox into Energy Saving Mode
-> settings>general>power mode & startup
2. Prevent(stop) any background updates
-> settings>system>updates
3. Tv & display options(optional)
-> settings>general>tv&display>video fidelity & overscan>colour space( PC RGB )
-> you may need to adjust your tv( brightness, contrast, colour )
4. Check your latency
-> settings>network>test network speed & statistics
5. Hold down the xbox button on the console, unplug the power from console, wait a few moments and power back on.
6. Repeat step 4
7. Login to poe and change your gateway from auto, to a server close to you

Some game modes can have a hugh impact on latency, such as delerium. My latency is between 30-35ms, when I do a 20% delerium it jumps to 230-300ms

I'm sure those methods could help but I think the game should just work by its own. That's part of the reason people play on consoles. To not have to fiddle around with the system.
Last edited by Lotuz36 on Nov 1, 2020, 1:12:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info