Unexpected Disconnection (possible resolution)

To those still plagued by this. I just recently got a windows 10 update - I have been having this issue for almost a week now non stop and it's just suddenly gone away.(much like everyone else I went through everything I could possibly think of to try to resolve it) I can't say exactly if it was the windows update or just timing but my disconnects have disappeared all together now... I did also do everything under the sun to clean up my system I found old radeon items still lingering around that were starting on boot up (highly unlikely they were the fix) removed msi afterburner... i never even launched that in my life so again not really an issue I believe the windows update changed something.

Anywho if you've given up check for updates and try out your game again. Peace amigos.
Last edited by Galn on Oct 26, 2020, 4:07:01 PM
Last bumped on Nov 3, 2020, 9:19:55 AM
lol i was connected literally all day yesterday without it happening.... now today as soon as I login it is back :( no idea sorry dudes
So i took a step by step try to see if it was my home network causing issues. Turned out I was able to connect fine directly to my modem. No idea why... router is a NG Nighthawk shouldn't be an issue. Anywho - I did a factory reset and manually updated the firmware and so far I've been connected just fine... around 30 mins no issues (before I could barely stay on 1 min)

I'll report back if it still stays true over the next few days - or not as the case may be. Good luck all.
"
Galn wrote:
So i took a step by step try to see if it was my home network causing issues. Turned out I was able to connect fine directly to my modem. No idea why... router is a NG Nighthawk shouldn't be an issue. Anywho - I did a factory reset and manually updated the firmware and so far I've been connected just fine... around 30 mins no issues (before I could barely stay on 1 min)

I'll report back if it still stays true over the next few days - or not as the case may be. Good luck all.

very nice. Hope more people read your post and do the same....
I should clarify - I factory reset my router and manually did the firmware update.

Day 2 and no issues still. Hoping it's the fix everyone out there needs to do as well. GL guys.

Next week I'll bump it again if still good.
I fixed mine (so far, one hour and many zones) by switching to a different server ( I moved from California to London ).
I am over a week now with this being the resolution to my problem. Coincidental is still up for debate; I really have no way of knowing if they changed something on their end at the same time frame.

Hope anyone having the " Unexpected Disconnection " message gives this a read through.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info