Graphics Settings

Is there any way to change my setting, update config files, change out game files, etc in order to change the way my passive tree looks? I just started playing this league and I really struggle to see the difference between nodes I own, and nodes that the game feels it needs to highlight for me to tell me they are buyable. I know any kind of modding is against ToS, but really level of contrast on a character screen shouldn't be causing me this much stress lol. Is there anything that can be done?
Last bumped on Nov 3, 2020, 10:19:05 PM
"
AdamBomb13 wrote:
Is there any way to change my setting, update config files, change out game files, etc in order to change the way my passive tree looks? I just started playing this league and I really struggle to see the difference between nodes I own, and nodes that the game feels it needs to highlight for me to tell me they are buyable. I know any kind of modding is against ToS, but really level of contrast on a character screen shouldn't be causing me this much stress lol. Is there anything that can be done?

get the program Path of Building Fork/Community version, because that will tell you all you need to know when you want to make a build before you do it.

sounds like your GFX card doesn't properly support PoE if you can't see the text. Did you try to zoom in ??
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Oct 28, 2020, 6:07:07 PM
I use path of building. And I didn't buy skills I don't need. I have plenty of reset points that isn't my issue. My issue is just that any node that is a direct branch off of one I own (ie, any node I can buy this level) is highlighted to indicate that I can buy it. I understand what GGG was going for on this and it was a great idea, but my eyes struggle to tell the difference graphically between highlights that I OWN a skill, vs highlights that I can BUY a skill. I find I spend a lot of time zooming way into the map trying to tell if I already own a skill or not and it's very frustrating.
"
AdamBomb13 wrote:
I use path of building. And I didn't buy skills I don't need. I have plenty of reset points that isn't my issue. My issue is just that any node that is a direct branch off of one I own (ie, any node I can buy this level) is highlighted to indicate that I can buy it. I understand what GGG was going for on this and it was a great idea, but my eyes struggle to tell the difference graphically between highlights that I OWN a skill, vs highlights that I can BUY a skill. I find I spend a lot of time zooming way into the map trying to tell if I already own a skill or not and it's very frustrating.

well then nothing can be done about it since it's per game design.
You can tweak your monitor settings or the settings in your graphics card's panel.

PoE is a naturally dark game. I have a special monitor preset (bright and high contrast) I use when I play just so I can see what's going on in the game.
I'm afraid we don't have any in-game support for modifying how your passive skill tree is displayed, and I'm sorry if that causes any inconvenience!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info