NoSound Driver

Hi, ever since re-installing windows last week I've had this problem when trying to play PoE : I get the "NoSound Driver" instead of the selection in game.

Problem is every other game I tried worked correctly (I tried around 10-15 games)

What can I do to finaly have sound again ?

Also, weird thing is, I installed the exact same driver I used last time on my PC which worked but apparently doesn't anymore ??

PC hardware :
R5 3600
x570 MSI gaming edge WiFi
RX 5700 XT
Windows 10 version 20H2
Nahimic not installed (was installed last time and worked though)

Edit :
Also forgot to mention, restarting game/windows doesn't have any effect.
Last edited by WhyShouldI on Oct 30, 2020, 12:18:48 PM
Last bumped on Nov 7, 2020, 5:36:05 PM
Please help ?
"
WhyShouldI wrote:
Hi, ever since re-installing windows last week I've had this problem when trying to play PoE : I get the "NoSound Driver" instead of the selection in game.

Problem is every other game I tried worked correctly (I tried around 10-15 games)

What can I do to finaly have sound again ?

Also, weird thing is, I installed the exact same driver I used last time on my PC which worked but apparently doesn't anymore ??

PC hardware :
R5 3600
x570 MSI gaming edge WiFi
RX 5700 XT
Windows 10 version 20H2
Nahimic not installed (was installed last time and worked though)

Edit :
Also forgot to mention, restarting game/windows doesn't have any effect.

you need to install the correct vendor drivers (not windows) for your chipset, sound card and so on.
They are installed and working for everything BUT Poe.
So the way I see it Poe is being unable to undderstand there is indeed sound driver.

Is there no way to force Poe to search another driver or anything?
It is absolutely unplayable as is.
"
WhyShouldI wrote:
They are installed and working for everything BUT Poe.
So the way I see it Poe is being unable to undderstand there is indeed sound driver.

Is there no way to force Poe to search another driver or anything?
It is absolutely unplayable as is.

I had a problem like this before. Go into your hardware controls (in windows - Device control) and try disabling ALL other sound devices then the correct one.

If you still need help, then you please e-mail techsupport@grindinggear.com and include detailed hardware info and a full DXDiag report.
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Nov 7, 2020, 5:36:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info