Can't make pathofexile.com/trade purely in english

When I try to message a Russian it will come with Russian symbols which I think is a bit cringe especially when they can see my name isn't in Russian and besides that, I put it in English manually but it still refuses to give me the English message of hi I would like to buy x for x.
You thought there was a message here? you just got scammed...
Last bumped on Oct 31, 2020, 12:38:08 AM
The buy message will be set for the language that they have set for them. Sending a message in English to someone that doesn't understand English, won't work out well. Just copy/paste what it gives you. They'll understand it and everyone wins.
"
DarkRyok wrote:
The buy message will be set for the language that they have set for them. Sending a message in English to someone that doesn't understand English, won't work out well. Just copy/paste what it gives you. They'll understand it and everyone wins.

This. To put it into perspective; Games are sometimes programmed to send "trade" events between players that just show up in the player's language of choice.

Since trading was actually developed by third party community devs, the english message you see became a "standard" and eventually GGG gave access to some of these devs a private API to get things like user languages. Messages were translated so they show up as a language the recipient will understand. Those russians send you your message in the language you understand.

I agree it feels backwards, but that's unfortunately side effects from building an entire trade system around chat logs. lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info