Blind

Can chris or other developer answer. Lets say i have 100% chance to hit and if someone blinds me i have 25% chance to hit, meaning ill be hiting every 4th attack on a player with 0 evasion and if a player has lets say 50% chance to evade ill be hiting every 8th hit or smth, or it works bit different?


Or i guess its like if my status says i have 30% chance to evade (no idea what other mobs accuracy are) then with blind i would have something like 74%ish chance to evade meaning blind most of the times more than doubles your chances to evade.

Last edited by NagiSoi on Jun 11, 2013, 8:53:31 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Blind (etc.) triggers on Hits, ie. damage needs to be dealt.


Nope, no damage is necessary for blind! I have Ancestral Bonds (dual totem) and I blind enemies perfectly fine using my MoonSorrow Wand and Power Siphon (yes, it also gives me power charges).
Fine: Only Skills that can deal Damage under normal circumstances, and connect with the enemy, can trigger Blind. (AB is an exception I didn't bother to mention because I'm lazy and it makes the explanation far more wordy :P The easiest way to explain how Hits work is to use normal circumstances, ie. not AB)

"
NagiSoi wrote:
Can chris or other developer answer. Lets say i have 100% chance to hit and if someone blinds me i have 25% chance to hit, meaning ill be hiting every 4th attack on a player with 0 evasion and if a player has lets say 50% chance to evade ill be hiting every 8th hit or smth, or it works bit different?

Chance to Hit is directly linked to Chance to Evade. They are two sides of the same coin.
If you have 100% Chance to Hit, the opponent has 0% Chance to Evade.
With Blind (and no Unwavering Stance on the defender), Hit chance becomes 25% and Evade chance 75%.
(EDIT: actually it probably stays 100%!)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 14, 2013, 2:06:07 AM
"
NagiSoi wrote:
Can chris or other developer answer. Lets say i have 100% chance to hit and if someone blinds me i have 25% chance to hit, meaning ill be hiting every 4th attack on a player with 0 evasion and if a player has lets say 50% chance to evade ill be hiting every 8th hit or smth, or it works bit different?


If you have 100% chance to hit, it means your attacks cannot be evaded (or your opponent cannot evade). Blindness doesn't change this, so you still have 100% chance to hit.

If you have 95% chance to hit (the maximum possible if your attack is evadable), then blinding takes your chance to hit down to 95%/4, which is 23.75%.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
If you have 100% Chance to Hit, the opponent has 0% Chance to Evade.
With Blind (and no Unwavering Stance on the defender), Hit chance becomes 25% and Evade chance 75%.
"
Incompetent wrote:
If you have 100% chance to hit, it means your attacks cannot be evaded (or your opponent cannot evade). Blindness doesn't change this, so you still have 100% chance to hit.
Vipermagi vs Incompetent
A shining light in a sea of stagnant bong water.

Last edited by Rachel_GGG on Sep 31, 2018 0:61:72 PM
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 13, 2013, 10:05:36 AM
(spoilers for the fight: I think Incomp is right and RT overrides Blind. Makes more sense that way!)
I have a question, maybe answered before, but i cannot find any answers

blind support + fire trap, i imagine the 'chance to blind' only takes affect on the initial fire damage, and not the burning pool damage

can any one confirm this?

thanks
"
exmse wrote:
I have a question, maybe answered before, but i cannot find any answers

blind support + fire trap, i imagine the 'chance to blind' only takes affect on the initial fire damage, and not the burning pool damage

can any one confirm this?

thanks


Blind only applies to hits. My understanding is that the burning ground does not 'hit' enemies, it just inflicts a debuff on them (similar to the poison cloud from Poison Arrow).
If it were possible to just have 100% chance to hit, then blind would cut that to 25%, but it isn't, because chance to hit is locked to within 5% to 95%.

If your hits can't be evaded, or the defender cannot evade, then chance to hit is never checked, and it's value is irrelevant. Those are both "this check doesn't happen" rather than "it happens at a set value".
So there are some reports in this thread that damage does not have to be done for Blind to proc. so lets say I use a level one Spark and hit for 1 damage against an enemy with 75% lightning resist, effectively negating the damage. Is it possible for blind to proc on that attack or not?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info