Blind

"
Ola wrote:
"
Mr_X wrote:
I use quality enfeeble with 32% reduced accuracy rating will this be applied before or after the -75% reduction

And another question is if i use iron reflexes and have no chance to evade does it even have an effect to use enfeeble for the reduced accuracy or does it reduce the 95% chance to hit for the monsters?


1) Accuracy is used when calculating the chance to hit (monsters accuracy vs. your evasion) and enfeeble affects that. Then when this chance to hit value is calculated, blind will recuce it by 75%.

Note that chance to hit is always at least 5%.

2) Iron reflexes keystone doesn´t remove your chance to evade (unvavering stance does that). Iron reflexes removes your evasion --> monsters have 95% chance to hit. Blind can reduce this value.



Now´s my turn to ask stuff!

- Can you blind a monster that is already blinded? Meaning: can you refresh the duration of blind, while the enemy is already blinded?

- Shield charge (rhoas and those act3-soldiers) cannot miss, so it´s unaffected by blind.
Are there other non-spell skills that cannot miss?


1st question yes, just the same you can ignite a target on fire. (however crits dont have a 100% chance to blind)

2nd question, Lightning strike projectiles cannot miss if a melee attack is successful.
IGN: Phil_Dickelson Father_Thomas
Been trying this support gem in different combinations (range and melee).
Its pretty good/useful and I really like its mechanics and got good potentials, but falls flat in late game.
Probably not gonna use it for serious build in its current state, not really worth it in my opinion since it doesnt do anything to spell monsters.
Would it even be possible to change how this gem works or would take to much effort?
IGN: Jillys| League:HC/HCTemp | Time Zone: GMT 0 (UK) | Play Time: 10:00 - 02:00
Last edited by Jillys on Feb 25, 2013, 6:10:52 AM
"
Jillys wrote:
Been trying this support gem in different combinations (range and melee).
Its pretty good/useful and I really like its mechanics and got good potentials, but falls flat in late game.
Probably not gonna use it for serious build in its current state, not really worth it in my opinion since it doesnt do anything to spell monsters.
Would it even be possible to change how this gem works or would take to much effort?


It works fine in lategame. It doesn't affect some mobs and completely trivialize others, that's how blind works. As a support, it's probably the strongest of the proc type Knockback is meh unless you have other sources of kb and/or the passive, chance to flee is unreliable and doesn't work on rares/unique mobs and stun is build specific and has been recently nerfed to prevent 100% stun.

It obviously could be better but that would probably make it OP, it's already borderline at the moment depending on the mobs you roll in your maps or the area you're farming. If there's few or weak casters, this will basically ensure very low damage taken from anything that's blinded. It also synergizes surprisingly well with ranged character with large aoes using Grace, since even for a non evasion char, Grace+Blind gives a huge % chance to avoid attacks.
"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
Jillys wrote:
Been trying this support gem in different combinations (range and melee).
Its pretty good/useful and I really like its mechanics and got good potentials, but falls flat in late game.
Probably not gonna use it for serious build in its current state, not really worth it in my opinion since it doesnt do anything to spell monsters.
Would it even be possible to change how this gem works or would take to much effort?


It works fine in lategame. It doesn't affect some mobs and completely trivialize others, that's how blind works. As a support, it's probably the strongest of the proc type Knockback is meh unless you have other sources of kb and/or the passive, chance to flee is unreliable and doesn't work on rares/unique mobs and stun is build specific and has been recently nerfed to prevent 100% stun.

It obviously could be better but that would probably make it OP, it's already borderline at the moment depending on the mobs you roll in your maps or the area you're farming. If there's few or weak casters, this will basically ensure very low damage taken from anything that's blinded. It also synergizes surprisingly well with ranged character with large aoes using Grace, since even for a non evasion char, Grace+Blind gives a huge % chance to avoid attacks.


It works in late game but if you compare using blind to some other support gem its pretty weak from the thing I tried.
Indeed changing it like I proposed would make it kinda OP perhaps, but balancing is not impossible and would be needed in this case.
I pretty much use grace in all my builds since its really good bang for the low mana cost.
IGN: Jillys| League:HC/HCTemp | Time Zone: GMT 0 (UK) | Play Time: 10:00 - 02:00
"
Jillys wrote:
It works in late game but if you compare using blind to some other support gem its pretty weak from the thing I tried.
Indeed changing it like I proposed would make it kinda OP perhaps, but balancing is not impossible and would be needed in this case.
I pretty much use grace in all my builds since its really good bang for the low mana cost.


Depends on what you compare it to. It's one of the best defensive support. Obviously it doesn't add damage so it can't be compared to damage supports. It's also a no multiplier support so it makes it hard to fairly compare. They could improve blind by increasing it's multiplier to like 40% but I don't know, I feel it's a perfectly fine support that has a very unique niche. Instead of putting Blind of everything, it's always a tradeoff of having more damage(can always find more dmg via supports, there's so many) vs actually having something that might help you survive. Life Leech for example is pretty nice too but only works for you, only when you do good damage and heals over time which isn't always optimal. Life Gain on Hit is similar but only works on attacks while Blind works with everything.

I don't know, I really like Blind, I think it's just fine, it's very strong for the no multiplier and the effect but it's not overly strong that everyone picks blind. Hell not even that many people pick blind but I think it's because a lot of people don't understand how evasion works or what blind actually does. A blinded mob will literally miss me 5-6times in a row with just Grace on and will basically never hit twice in a row.
"
Depends on what you compare it to. It's one of the best defensive support. Obviously it doesn't add damage so it can't be compared to damage supports. It's also a no multiplier support so it makes it hard to fairly compare. They could improve blind by increasing it's multiplier to like 40% but I don't know, I feel it's a perfectly fine support that has a very unique niche. Instead of putting Blind of everything, it's always a tradeoff of having more damage(can always find more dmg via supports, there's so many) vs actually having something that might help you survive. Life Leech for example is pretty nice too but only works for you, only when you do good damage and heals over time which isn't always optimal. Life Gain on Hit is similar but only works on attacks while Blind works with everything.

I don't know, I really like Blind, I think it's just fine, it's very strong for the no multiplier and the effect but it's not overly strong that everyone picks blind. Hell not even that many people pick blind but I think it's because a lot of people don't understand how evasion works or what blind actually does. A blinded mob will literally miss me 5-6times in a row with just Grace on and will basically never hit twice in a row.


You can actually compare it to offensive gem since it takes up a slot that you could use for that type of gem.Even if you compare it to defensive support gems its not the best option in late game, I would say overall offense scales higher than defense.
The 0 multiplier is indeed nice, but with how the resource and resource management scales into late game thats not really a problem for most builds(I think the resource management needs some work aswell).
If you instead gave it a somewhat "significant" multiplier somewhere between 1.3-1.6 and gave it some love then I would be happy and this would probably increase its usage.
IGN: Jillys| League:HC/HCTemp | Time Zone: GMT 0 (UK) | Play Time: 10:00 - 02:00
"
Jillys wrote:


You can actually compare it to offensive gem since it takes up a slot that you could use for that type of gem.Even if you compare it to defensive support gems its not the best option in late game, I would say overall offense scales higher than defense.
The 0 multiplier is indeed nice, but with how the resource and resource management scales into late game thats not really a problem for most builds(I think the resource management needs some work aswell).
If you instead gave it a somewhat "significant" multiplier somewhere between 1.3-1.6 and gave it some love then I would be happy and this would probably increase its usage.


I don't agree you can compare it to an offensive gem. That's like saying Life Leech is crap, I could be using Added x dmg instead. You either want a defensive support or you don't, depends on other stuff in your build(do you have a shield, do you have high armor, do you have active defenses like minions or totems etc). If you do want a defensive support, then you compare defensive supports together, if you don't then they're pointless since obviously they don't add damage and that's universal. You could say more damage = mobs die faster = more EHP, but then no damage support actually compares to Blind when it comes to EHP on evadable mobs, and every damage support even underlvled are superior to Blind when fighting caster/pseudocaster mobs. Wether that's better or not, I guess it's subjective, build dependant and map/area dependant.

I personally think Blind is a must on any melee that doesn't take Unwavering Stance(since obviously it doesn't work then). It's also a good pick on a ranged char assuming you do plan on getting hit at least a bit which if you're ranged might not be the best plan but eh. I wouldn't mind if it was stronger for whatever reason but I don't feel it needs to be stronger when I already consider it one of the strongest support gem when playing a melee.

"
I don't agree you can compare it to an offensive gem. That's like saying Life Leech is crap, I could be using Added x dmg instead. You either want a defensive support or you don't, depends on other stuff in your build(do you have a shield, do you have high armor, do you have active defenses like minions or totems etc). If you do want a defensive support, then you compare defensive supports together, if you don't then they're pointless since obviously they don't add damage and that's universal. You could say more damage = mobs die faster = more EHP, but then no damage support actually compares to Blind when it comes to EHP on evadable mobs, and every damage support even underlvled are superior to Blind when fighting caster/pseudocaster mobs. Wether that's better or not, I guess it's subjective, build dependant and map/area dependant.

I personally think Blind is a must on any melee that doesn't take Unwavering Stance(since obviously it doesn't work then). It's also a good pick on a ranged char assuming you do plan on getting hit at least a bit which if you're ranged might not be the best plan but eh. I wouldn't mind if it was stronger for whatever reason but I don't feel it needs to be stronger when I already consider it one of the strongest support gem when playing a melee.


You always come to a point where its actually better to switch out defensive stuff may it be a support gem or passives, it all depends on what level of gear you can obtain.
I would say that blind is better for solo play than party play in late game, but its still fairly weak if you compare to other combinations.

I agree its good/better for melee for obvious reasons like you mention. Im not really looking to make it stronger just more flexible so its overall viability goes up.
IGN: Jillys| League:HC/HCTemp | Time Zone: GMT 0 (UK) | Play Time: 10:00 - 02:00
no one uses this shit
Let's say i like this skill with firestorm, and chain(do they work together?).
Would every firestorm hit have a chance to proc this? Then if it chains, would it have a chance to proc again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info