Cast on Crit

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jan 1, 2020, 8:25:06 AM
So my question is would the following chain work?

Ranged Attack Totem
Cast On Crit
Fireball

My assumption is that when the totem kills something, it would cast fireball. Am I even remotely close?
Last edited by Feanux on Oct 23, 2013, 9:47:07 PM
Do these support gems work with melee attacks? And if so, do they scale with your physical damage? I would guess it only works with spells though..
"
Suchaguy wrote:
Do these support gems work with melee attacks? And if so, do they scale with your physical damage? I would guess it only works with spells though..

Its name is cast on crit - so no luck with attacks.

"
Feanux wrote:
So my question is would the following chain work?

Ranged Attack Totem
Cast On Crit
Fireball

My assumption is that when the totem kills something, it would cast fireball. Am I even remotely close?

If it works in that combination you would cast a totem on critting (has to be Spell Totem though instead of Ranged Attack Totem as Fireball is a spell) that then is able to cast fireballs.
Crit happens.
Last edited by Inarion1986 on Oct 24, 2013, 2:42:06 AM
Its a little underwhelming. For PBAOE spells like cold snap, and ice nova, it casts it around me... Which is highly depressing. I was hoping that for pbaoe's like thoes it would cast it around the target that was crit. Havent tried fireball but that seems like it would perform even worse.
"
Lutcikaur wrote:
Its a little underwhelming. For PBAOE spells like cold snap, and ice nova, it casts it around me... Which is highly depressing. I was hoping that for pbaoe's like thoes it would cast it around the target that was crit. Havent tried fireball but that seems like it would perform even worse.
cold snap isn't point blank, and if this support is casting that skill at your feet, something is wrong or there is no foe to target.
Does this support work globally with all crits from your character? Or does it only work with linked non-spells?

And same as I asked in the other thread, what happens when multiple spells are linked?
For skills like lightning strike, how does this gem interact? If all your projectiles crit, does it trigger once for each? Or once total?

Does the triggered spell automatically crit as well, or is this a separate roll afterward?

Looking for some information before trying out a build based on it.
"
Lutcikaur wrote:
Its a little underwhelming. For PBAOE spells like cold snap, and ice nova, it casts it around me... Which is highly depressing. I was hoping that for pbaoe's like thoes it would cast it around the target that was crit. Havent tried fireball but that seems like it would perform even worse.


Like Somebody said before me Cold Snap should be working with this. Can Somebody Try (Confirm/Deny) this?
Ign: Slimwaterman
"
Floytesangen wrote:
For skills like lightning strike, how does this gem interact? If all your projectiles crit, does it trigger once for each? Or once total?

Does the triggered spell automatically crit as well, or is this a separate roll afterward?

Looking for some information before trying out a build based on it.


All critical hit triggers (power charge on crit, flask charge on crit, etc) trigger only once per skill activation. Multiple projectiles won't give you additional triggers, but it may improve your chance of a single trigger of the supported skill.

The triggered spell will have its own chance to crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info