Arc

"
Qarl wrote:
If you support Arc with Chain you will get additional chains.


Ok so you say that arc will be supported by chain and MarkGGG said in the chain thread that it wont work. Which one is it?
IGN:Sawnic
"
Axis wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
If you support Arc with Chain you will get additional chains.


Ok so you say that arc will be supported by chain and MarkGGG said in the chain thread that it wont work. Which one is it?

Quite the opposite, Mark confirmed that Arc does work with Chain, because it's non-projectile spell that has "chaining properties".

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No. Arc also has the "Chaining" tag that you can see here - which exists entirely because specifically because Arc is a non-projectile skill that can chain.
"Rock is Overpowered. Paper is fine."
- Scissors.
4% crit chance and high mana cost kinda make this spell underwhelming. It's great that Sparkmages actually get another universally usable spell, but Arc isn't replacing Spark as my main damage spell :/
2 questions about Arc - First , Is crit chance calculated for each jump or its all or nothing ?

Second Question - How does it work with elemental proliferation. Let's say i engage group of 3 monsters i use Arc and get Crit on 1 hit and that results in shock , does that shock spread instantly resulting in 2 jumps left hitting already shocked monsters ? and if Its all or nothing and i score a crit - meaning all of the jumps are crit - will that result in having all 3 monsters having 3 stacks of shock ?
"
StimpsonH wrote:
I really dislike the fact that it can bounce off of pots and other breakables. It's a waste of chains if you happen to be fighting mobs in an area with lots of breakables.

Also +1 to the chain increase over levels.


Hmm when me and Jonathan talked about the skill during its creation. The Skill was meant to prioritise enemy's over chests. As I was originally the one who said "Ited be handy if you could chain lightning the pots and barrels instead of having to run over and kick them. Wait no that would be bad because it would end up hitting chests in tight spaces a lot of the time.". Sounds like this mechanic is just causing pains though!. Oh noes : <
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
I was under the impression that any non projectile skill will not work with chain support gem. I don't believe arc is a projectile because it can't benefit from Multi Projectiles. Either it should be considered a projectile or have the ability to get more chains on it's own.

Lightning arrow gets the ability to hit more targets as it's leveled AND be supported by LMP/GMP. Arc gets neither and still costs alot of mana. Chain lightning in d2 was actually fun to level because you knew you'd get more chains. Now here you gotta use 2 gems to get the effect of 1 apparently.
Beyeser - 77 Marauder
FuzzyClam - 80 Witch
FishyTaco - 74 Witch
Is this available through a quest?
"
Is this available through a quest?


I got it doing the baleful gem quest act 2, so yes
IGN: Megawipe
Any1 knows answers to my previous post ? Looks like Elemental Proliferation could be really good with that spell
The idea is good, yet it costs too much, and I'd love to see it working with fork and chain support gems.

"
Grzybas wrote:
Any1 knows answers to my previous post ? Looks like Elemental Proliferation could be really good with that spell

It should work, I think.
Wild dumb polack appears!
Last edited by Budyniu on Nov 1, 2012, 9:42:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info